Baby Corner

Old 11-02-10, 04:20 PM
Community Member

Thanked 108 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 37420%
Default WII

Leslie and I are thinking about getting a WII for the whole family for Chirstmas this year. Does anyone here have one? Anyone have any advice or tips???

The main reasons we want it are:
-I want to play the old school NES games
-We like the part that the kids can play and be somewhat active
-want to stream movies direct from Netflix.

Old 11-02-10, 05:51 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

We have one and we love it- even though our daughter isn't old enough to play it yet! DH loves the Metroid games and we both love all the Mario games (especially Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros). It really is alot of fun. Of course, you will need extra controllers and other stuff if you want it- we bought some generic controllers from Best Buy (they were a little cheaper) and they work just fine! I definitely recommend the charging station and the wheels for Mario Kart!!!

Old 11-03-10, 09:45 AM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

We are purchasing this for our kids this year as their big Santa present. I'm going to buy the Wii bundle from Sam's I think. You get Wii controller, remote and one motion sensor thingy, Wii sports, Wii Sports Resort, choose 1 other game (like Mario), 1 extra remote or accessorie and it's $299.

I will still need 2 more nunchucks , 2 more remotes and then we'll add more as birthdays and stuff come along.

What wheels are you referring to for Mario Kart??

Old 11-03-10, 11:45 AM
is enjoying summer!
Community Member

Thanked 78 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

We have had the Wii for about a year now and we love it - DS isn't old enough to play yet but DH & I just love it

Old 11-03-10, 11:53 AM
is ready for some football!!
Michelle - VIP CL

Thanked 793 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

We LOVE our wii too! Games the entire family can play together and active too. We can get pretty sweaty playing Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics, Toy Story Mania, or our football or baseball games! DS (6) loves all the lego games. FUN! Especially on those long weekends during the cold winter months indoors!

We have 3 remotes and nunchucks so we can all play together on 3 player games. We also have the steering wheels for Mario Kart. You can play with just the remote but the steering wheel makes it easier and more real IMO. Susan - most of the time when you buy the game Mario Kart you get one wheel with it. Yes the remote charger is a must in our house too!
Santa will be bringing more wii games for our family this year!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools