Baby Corner

Old 07-30-06, 12:11 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 86 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.82%
Default Y&R update please!

We were gone all last week on vacation, (7/24-7/28) so I missed and entire week of Y&R. Can someone please update me with any major happenings? Thanks so much!!

Old 07-30-06, 01:23 AM
Mommy to 5 sweetpeas

Thanked 13 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Cynthia - here is a copy n' paste of what happened on Friday's show from a spoiler site

Mystery Solved
You never told me your real name is George Caplan - tell me the truth or I'm going to the police and telling them - you're wanted for your family's murder, Colleen accuses. You'd do that without the facts? Brad balks. Colleen doesn't think he should be free if he killed his family in cold blood. Brad will tell her everything - but not here Fine - let's go, Colleen agrees.

A mysterious man get off the other elevator and asks where George Caplan's office - Neil doesn't know that name. Brad Carlton? Just down the hall.

Still in Cleveland, Paul gets help from his PI friend Carla on his theory regarding the old neighbor Cindy. Cindy Sherman is dead - she was attacked and killed on the street - Carla read it this morning. Paul reads the police report - she was violently killed the day after talking to JT - possibly by Brad, Paul worries.

Now home, Colleen tells her Dad what she knows - your family was beaten to death - they wanted you for questioning but couldn't find you - they thought it was you. She doesn't know what else JT knows - he's missing. You knew the real Brad Carlton - played on the same baseball team - I saw the picture. You lied about your parents - after the Caplan's were killed a body was found - your wallet was there. They assumed it was you and closed the case. But you switched identities so the police would stop looking for you. Brad claims he wasn't running from the police - but hiding from the killers.

He tells her about mother Rebecca Montelchini (sp?) - her family was wealthy. He shows her a photo of her real Grandma. She spoke several languages including German - her greatest love was art - she knew about fine art - the Nazi's invaded Europe while she was a child. Families who were influential and wealthy were crushed by the Nazi's - the family was sent to concentration camps - the last time my mother saw most of her family - the Nazi's confiscated anything of value - old drawing and paintings etc. Because she knew about art - she cataloged the art they stole from Jewish families - it kept her from the gas chambers. She wasn't murdered - Aunt Isabel was killed that day - not my mother. He shows her a recent photo - Your Grandmother is still very much alive. Colleen sheds tears as she takes the photo.

She made it her mission to remember where all the art was sent - she vowed if she got out alive, she'd return the pieces to their owners. After the allies freed Europe, she and her sister came to America. His parents became Mr and Mrs Caplan. She contacted Jewish families and helped them get their stuff back. The Commedante was tried and sentenced to death - my mother was a star witness. You think it had something to do with her retuning the stolen artwork? She got numerous death threats, Brad answers. It might be a relative of the Commandant or someone who resented having to give something up - millions of dollars was involved. They failed - my mother and I weren't there that day. We had to reinvent ourselves. From the time I came to GC, I was never anyone else. If they ever found out Rebecca Caplan was still alive, they'd kill us both.

Colleen then wonders about the real Brad Carlton. He was my best friend - loners - rebels - Brad sits, after the murders we hid in his basement - then to an abandoned farmhouse - Brad didn't get along with his alcoholic father and came with us. We had no money. We knew they'd come after us. Brad and I left late one night looking for food. He was hit by a car - didn't know what hit him - I saw the whole thing. The driver never even stopped. They found the body with my ID and figured the case was solved. Brad's never told that story to anyone.

Colleen suddenly jumps up - JT! Brad wonders if she was followed. It's possible - what if I lead them straight to you, Colleen frets with a hug.

Vikki's not overly friendly to the well dressed - but strange man in Brad's office. He contacted me about property out East. Vikki wonders why he's not waiting in the reception area. Speak with his assistant - on your way out. I will certainly do that, the man smiles as he exits.

Brad's arranged for a trip to Hawaii - a long weekend - the four of us. Isn't it great? Colleen enthuses. Vikki agrees - it's quiet a surprise. We're already packed - we leave immediately. Everything's arranged. Brad's not taking any chances - I'm getting you all as far away as possible. Collen gives her word to keep his secret if he helps find JT. The foursome head out bags in hand. Brad heads back in - forgot one thing. He unlocks a desk drawer and then a briefcase - and loads a gun and tucks it into the back of his pants - then heads out with an enthusiastic let's go.

Sharon pops her head into the Carlton home - Brad - are you home? A hand covers her mouth from behind - stiffling her scream.

On the private jet, Colleen, Vikki and Abby look at the elderly woman already on board. Colleen's the first to speak - Are you?? Yes she is - this is Rebecca - my mother.

Divorce Newman Style
Cuddling Phyllis in his lap, Nick tells her that he's going to the house - he and Sharon are telling Noah they're getting a divorce. Nick's not sure not what to tell him.

Noah's made a gift for his Dad - He's coming home from his trip, right? He'll love it, Sharon assures - everything you make for him is special. Noah hopes his Dad will be staying home for a while.

How do you want to handle this? Nick asks Sharon upon arrival. Be straight - I don't want him hearing it from someone else. Noah races down - Dad!! I Nick admires the welcome home card - a drawing of them on the horses. Let's go for a ride, Noah suggests.

They sit Noah down - Sharon explains that sometimes people who are married aren't happy. Nick jumps in - your Mom and I haven't been happy together in a really long time. We're getting a divorce. Noah runs out, Nick suggests Sharon give him a minute. Noah returns. Ready to talk to us? Sharon reassures that they both love him - if you need anything, one of us will always be here. It's not your fault. You'll still live here - in your home - and visit yor Dad. You'll have your own room at my place, Nick says. I tried so hard to be good, Noah snivels. We'll always be a family, they both assure. No! You're leaving - you ruined everything - you both did, he runs off.

Nick thinks it best he take Noah - he's confused. That's my fault? Sharon balks. Nick wants to spend time with him - he has two homes now. Sharon guesses his home is now with Phyllis.

At the office, Phyllis won't let Vikki send her off on a business trip - and thinks her out of line for saying she must be happy that Nick and Sharon are getting a divorce. Vikki agrees (thinking of her own dilemma) - unless you're on the inside it's hard to know the situation.

Walkin In A Winter's Wonderland
Dru gushes at Neil about the clothes she bought him at Fenmores. As she tries to hold a shirt up against his chest, Neil shrugs her off and walks away. I don't have time for this - bye. Phyllis watches unseen. Are you and Dru doing OK? Neil can barely look Dru in the eye. I can barely breath - she's pretending everything's OK.

Dru makes reservations - a table for two - the works. I want my husband to be blown away. Dinner at Yves at 8 pm - we have time to go home and get into our birthday suits. Neil has work to do. Dru wonders whatever happened to him not working so hard. Neil doesn't have the time - I gotta go. What's happening to us? Dru pouts. I don't know, Neil says as he once again walks away on Dru.

Last edited by mesbijoux; 07-30-06 at 01:25 AM.

Old 07-30-06, 01:48 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 86 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Wow, thanks Shelley! Looks like is missed quite a bit! I cant believe how much happened with the Brad storyline in a week!

Latest Articles
How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

Celebrity Baby News: August 2014
August 2014 was hopping with new celebrity births and pregnancy announcements from celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Kelsey Grammer, Christian Bale, and Christina Ricci. Get the details here!

Bexco Recalls 1,100 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs
Bexco's Franklin & Ben Mason style 4-in-1 style cribs due to fall and entrapment hazards. Get information about how to order a repair kit to keep your baby safe.

Should Pregnant Women Eat More Tuna?
Consumer reports disagrees with the US Food and Drug Administration about the amount of safe tuna fish consumption in pregnant women?

How to Be a Great Hands On Parent to Your Toddler
It's important for parents to be an active influence in their toddler's life. Learn how to be an award winning hands on parent.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools