Baby Corner

Old 08-25-09, 04:16 PM
is focusing on losing weight!
Community Member

Thanked 46 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.82%

I started bcp yesterday. I begin Lupron on the 6th of sept. They said the retrieval will be sept 30th. Its so exciting!
I am a bit nervous about giving myself shots, but i think i will numb the area with ice until I get used to the idea.
Well, good luck to you and many blessings.
Please keep me posted. I want to hear how things go with you. We're kind of doing this together

Jlynn1313

Old 08-25-09, 08:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Well i went in for my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork today. I begin stims on Sunday and estimated ER is Sept 10th. Not much further for me!

Old 08-28-09, 11:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 46 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Omg! I'm so excited for you Eliza! Please tell me how things go. How many eggs? etc. I will be thinking about you.
How did the shots go for you? Did you have help or do them on your own?
Take care of yourself. Again, how young are you and do you already have children?
Jlynn

Old 08-31-09, 04:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

I started my Stims(follistim) yesterday, so i have now done two shots of it. The lupron is so simple, i had bad bone pain and some hot flashes but nothing too bad. The follistim is intimidating to me b/c of the pen but it is easyt too...burns a little compared to the lupron. I do all my shots myself, DH will do the trigger when the time comes. I go Wednesday for my first stim check...hopefully there will be tons of little follies in there!
I am 28, dh is 29, we have no children. We did get good news this past week that we may be able to do two fresh transfers, we thought we would only get to do this one(basically making this our only fresh shot and what ever froze our last shot.) But the Oncologist decided that DH was doing well enough that he could wait a little while before removing his testicle.
I like that how young are you question much better than how old are you

So how young are you?

Old 09-01-09, 05:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 46 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

I am 34 and am turning 35 on 9/13. I feel like I'm still in my twenties though. Probably act like it too.
I have 2 children from a previous marriage, almost 13 and 9. My dh(30yrs) and I adopted twin boys this past dec., but they've been with us since birth. They are now 3yrs old. We have been trying for over 5yrs to get pg on our own. Dr's say there's nothing wrong. Its unexplained infertility. Its been very heartbreaking. My dh wants a biological child. He loves and is awesome with the others. It makes sense you know. It completes the package. So thats my story.
We just opened our own business this past April. Its the only way we're able to even try ivf. If it doesnt work, we will have to wait another year to try again. So, I'm praying and hoping that this will work. I dont have a lot of time left before my body will change and it will be harder to get pg. Age and all.
I;m so glad I have you to talk with. We are literally going through the same thing within weeks of each other. I'm glad to hear the shots have been easy. I'm doing them myself as well.
Also, I didnt realize your dh was struggling with cancer. Is everything going to be ok? Is it serious?
Thanks again for responding. Talk with you soon eliza.

Latest Articles
Cloth Diapers vs Disposables?
Should you use cloth diapers, or disposable? Find out with our cloth vs disposable diaper buying guide, and get advice on how best to choose.

How Often Should Your Baby Poop?
Find out how often your baby should poop, how you can tell if your baby might be constipated, and what treatment options are available if your baby is constipated.

Baby Bottles: Which Ones Should You Choose?
When buying baby bottles, there is a vast array of choices for expectant Moms to choose from. Here are some considerations for making this important purchase.

Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diets During Pregnant
If you are pregnant with celiac disease, you will need to take extra precautions to make sure you are eating healthy, and getting enough nutrients when eating a gluten free diet.

Baby's First Book: Some Top Choices for Parents
Choosing baby's first book might seem like a daunting task, but the important thing is that you begin early. Here are several of our baby book favorites.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools