Baby Corner

Old 09-20-09, 12:52 PM
is focusing on losing weight!
Community Member

Thanked 46 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Hey everyone! I haven't written for a couple of weeks. I was out of town with my best friend of 22yrs. and had a birthday.
Just wanted to update everyone, in case your following along. I've already completed 2wks of Lupron. This morning I started Menopur, will start Follistim tonight, and also continue the Lupron, but in a smaller dose. I also have to take an aspirin to reduce the risk of blood clots, b/c of all the different hormones. I believe the aspirin also helps with the lining of the uterus. I go for bloodwork on tues., thurs., and sat. I'll have bloodwork and sonogram, on sat. to check to see how many follicles I have. From there they will decide how much longer I will be on the meds before the egg retrieval. I'll keep you posted.
I actually cannot believe how fast this time has gone. I praise God for that b/c it has been a long wait for us already. Just pray that we only have to go through all of this one time.
Thanks for being here baby corner and friends.

Old 09-23-09, 02:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 46 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Just an update!
My baseline bloodwork for estrogen was 34.7. After just 2 1/2 days of fsh meds, my estrogen level was 96.5. Doctor says we are exactly where we need to be at this point in the ivf process. It's looking good. I'm staying positive!y

Old 09-25-09, 07:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 46 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My estrogen level is 184 as of yesterday. Which means my body is responding, to the meds, how it should be. Yea! I go tomorrow for my ultrasound to check and see how many follicles I have. Oh I pray for many. My egg retrieval and transfer is next week. Getting very anxious. I hope this works. I will be switching to the 2wk wait boards after next week. Pray for me.

Old 09-25-09, 08:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Glad to hear it is going well! I just got some of my new meds in the mail and will go back for cd21 blood work on October 8th. I will be doing micro dose lupron this time since i was over supressed last time. I will also be doing 225 units of follistim 2 times a day, double the dose i was on last time, and before any of this begins i will be on estrice(i may have spelled that wrong) its a vaginal suppository to raise my estrogen. I will be looking for posts on how you are doing! Good Luck!
Thank you eliza_morgan!
jlynn1313 (10-03-09)

Old 09-26-09, 02:42 PM
Community Member

Thanked 46 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

So glad to hear things are getting started again. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing.
My dosages, with the stimulating meds, have been Lupron(5units), Menopur(1ml), and Follistim (225units). All of those have been 1 x daily. Seems my estrogen levels are right in the middle every time. They say that's good.
Today my estrogen level was 523. I had 2 follies that measured 17.5mm, and 2 that were 14.5, 1 was 11.8 and the last one was only 9.0. I'm hoping some of those mature a little more. My doc seems hopeful. I still have 3 more days of stimulating meds. They said it looks like my egg retrieval will be wednesday, which means transfer would be on monday the 5th.
I'll keep you informed. Thanks for letting me know how you're doing. Take care,
JLynn

Latest Articles
New Fertility Monitor Helps Women Conceive
Now, fertility devices are available for women to wear to monitor and track their basal body temperature, which will pinpoint ovulation and provide the best chances for a couple to conceive.

Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools