Baby Corner

Old 03-05-05, 08:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default 1st IVF cycle

hello everyone. Your stories have inspired me to share my own. After 3 unsuccessfull IUI's, have decided to try IVF. I am on bc and start lupron shots on monday and am a bit freaked out. I am 35 with a 4year old--the old fashion way but took us 2 years and they have diagnosed me with unexplained infertility. Go figure. It's nice to know you are not alone in all of this--I am a little less nervous now!

Old 03-05-05, 10:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Lauraann! I guess you're just a little ahead of me. We too just decided to do our 1st IVF cycle. I'm just waiting for AF to start in about 2 wks. I just took a month off after doing 5 failed iui's. Two years ago I never would have thought I would do this, but now I'm so excited I can't wait to get started.

Since you'll be doing everything 1st maybe you'll be able to give me some pointers. I'm

for both of us that everything goes as planned.

Old 03-06-05, 02:58 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Try not to get freaked out. I remember my melt down before my first lupron shot. I have to laugh now as I soon became adept in giving myself IM injections while in a moving car.
Unexplained fertility is very frustrating. You're not sure what it is that needs to be fixed. However, you know you can get pg and you know you can carry to term. There is no reason why IVF will not bring you success.

Good Luck.

Old 03-06-05, 01:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Talking Hi StacyLynn

Hi StacyLynn. I will definitely keep you updated about how it is going. I am also very excited. Just the thought that this may work keeps me motivated. I'm not as freaked about the lupron shot now that I read Gilda's response about the moving car!

Good luck and I'll definitely keep

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn

Hi Lauraann! I guess you're just a little ahead of me. We too just decided to do our 1st IVF cycle. I'm just waiting for AF to start in about 2 wks. I just took a month off after doing 5 failed iui's. Two years ago I never would have thought I would do this, but now I'm so excited I can't wait to get started.

Since you'll be doing everything 1st maybe you'll be able to give me some pointers. I'm

for both of us that everything goes as planned.

Old 03-08-05, 08:51 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Good luck as you go through the cycle. The shots are not bad. Ice for a few minutes before you do your injections and you will not even feel them. Once you start mixing meds you may have a little sting but nothing that should scare you. I did my first cycle in December. We did not become pregnant this time but are going to do a frozen cycle in May.

Sending you lots

and baby dust

Alicia
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools