Baby Corner

Old 10-21-05, 10:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Not sure about the bed wetter. I can only get so much info with my big snooping ears. The nurses can't really tell me anything so I just have to be nosy. It's something to do. PS I still get tummy and vagi u/s both. I'm pretty used to it though. Leslie

Old 10-24-05, 09:50 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Wow Ali that's so amazing that you got to hear the heartbeat already!!!

I'm so glad it's helped make it feel more real for you too

The 12week u/s I had was external - I had to drink Lots of water in advance to help them see the baby. Which is the opposite to all the internals I had when they made me go to the loo, whether I felt I needed to or not, right before doing them to ensure my bladder was as empty as possible. The same deal applied to my 20wk u/s - full bladder, but at the 31/38 wk sizing scans it didn't matter (Although by those my bladder was pretty much feeling constantly full anyway

)
Listening to the h'beat at every appointment has definitely been the highlight of them for me! When you start hearing it kick as well that's also amazing! From about 24wks onwards the midwife has always felt my bump first to work out where babys lying, which of course wakes baby up and means it has kicked either her hand or the doppler Every time without fail!

Old 10-24-05, 05:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Thanks ladies for all the well wishes, it has been quite exciting. Except for the constipation, which I am taking Metamucil now for I feel pretty good. Leslie poor thing it has got be very difficult to be in the joint like that. It has been 3 weeks right? 3 more to go?? I think about you all the time. I think when you go thru IVF it seems like you are pg forever because we find out soooo early. Hang in there girlfriend. I wished we could all take a road trip (or fly) to come keep you company! Halloween is the next u/s! cool can't wait to hear about it that is nice that you get to hear the heartbeat everytime. Missy and Celia thanks for the advice on the u/s. They told me I did not need a full bladder, so I just don't know I will see when I get there, I am excited about that one and dh will be coming w/ me. He could not believe that I heard the heartbeat and sorry he missed that one. Leslie keep those spirits up girl. Missy can't wait to hear about the other peanut! Celia, can't wait to hear about labor and delievery and what your little miracle is. Everyone take care.
Allison
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools