Baby Corner

Old 09-27-05, 09:31 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Smile 1st Ultrasound

Hi everyone, the trip to NH was just lovely except for the weather, cold and raining, but it was relaxing and we told dh's parents and they were thrilled, cried alot. But I have not told my mother yet, wanted to wait for today's ultrasound. Which was good. We have one healthy baby in there. Dh was thrilled, I think he was worried about the possibility of 2 or 3, but I would have taken 2 in a heartbeat. Speaking of heartbeat, got to see the heartbeat, he said the baby was approx 5 ml in length which he said was great. Got some pics. I am to come back next week and if everything is fine, he will release me to my regular OB. He believes that after this next week I will be out of the woods for m/c. I am still causious though. I have not had any cramping or spotting or anything, boobs hurt a little but not bad. I can start to exercise again walking or swimming. Amniotic fluid looked good. So he hugged me and said he would see me next week. I am still not thinking this is real, but seeing that heart beat on the monitor was exciting. All the hard work has paid off. I am on the Progesterone for another 5 weeks, until the end of the first trimester. I am 6 1/2 weeks today. My due date is 5/18/06! I can't believe it still. The lumps from the Progesterone shots are almost gone, and I feel good except being tired. Sounds like alot has been going on since I left. Diane I hope the transfer went well today. StacyLynn good luck with everything this week, keep us posted. Trisha when is your u/s? I know we were close. Leslie good luck w/ the drs. appts. I hope all goes well and that the fluid thing goes away or that is it not hurting your little angel. Missy glad to hear things are going well for you. Jjello sorry to hear about the cysts, I hope that big one can be removed ok and that you will be on your way to getting knocked up....like Leslie says you never know and that was great information from Glinda, these ladies rock. That is why I ask all my questions here. I hope that I did not leave anyone out...tried to get everyone at once....please keep us posted.

Please take care, I will let you all know how it goes next Thursday. Glinda I did not get to see that lovely show that you were talking about but looks like I did not miss much of anything. But like Missy said would be glad to talk about Survior!!!
Love this board and all you strong women!
Thanks for all the support, prayers and well wishes...it really works!!!!

Old 09-27-05, 11:12 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That is such great, great news Ali! Wow, looking at that u/s with your baby in there must have been awesome. So happy for you and dh. My dh would've been the same way, secretly hoping for one - big scaredy cat! Take care of yourself!

Old 09-27-05, 12:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Ali-Great news-I think the seeing the US would be the time it really starts to sink in... and hearing his/her heart beat-how wonderful! I'm glad for your DH that it is one, but I know what you mean about multiples...if mine thaw well, I'll put in three, my DH is scared to death that they will all take! I'm just praying that AT LEAST one does!

Old 09-27-05, 12:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Allison, that's great news! The first u/s is the best. It puts your mind to rest finally! I'm so happy for you. I'm almost five months and it still doesn't feel real. I go for u/s every two weeks and watch my baby skirmming all around punching and kicking me, I can't feel it yet, and it still doesn't seem like it's inside me. It's kind of weird. I talk to her a lot though. Anyway, yippee!!! Great news on a rainy yucky Alaska morning.

Hugs, Leslie

Old 09-27-05, 03:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Congratulations Ali! Sounds like a fantastic scan! I remember seeing the flutter of bumps heartbeat for the first time and it was such a truly wonderful moment

I'm so happy for you and your dh!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools