Baby Corner

Old 02-03-04, 09:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Now Me...

Name and Age: Janet, soon to be 39
Location: Midwestern Ontario, Canada...we live in a rural community and currently have LOTS of snow
DH, DP, SO or single? DP just turned 50

How long have you been TTC via DI? We have an 18 month old DS from our first round w/DIUI
How many tries? We went through 7 cycles and conceived on # 7
TTC issues? DP is in a Plateau phase of the type of cancer he has, so TG he's around and with us but unfortunately, narey a sperm left in the body due to chemo and radiation
Current Protocol? Just on day 3 of my first tracking cycle with my new RE, the HSG is set up for next Monday and we'll find out then what protecal will be pursued. DS was diui w/spontaneous cycles

for this round as well

Anything else you would like to share? We managed to get some samples from original donor so we're hoping Spencer will have a full same biological sibling. Other that that, I can't log onto this chat at work and since I work shift, I only get on every few days of so....

Old 02-08-04, 12:12 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Name and Age Moy, 31
Location Ontario, Canada
DH, DP, SO or single? Married (Jeff)

How long have you been TTC via DI? / how many tries? We tried for 5 years before successfully having our son ~ way TOO many tries to even count!
TTC issues? Severe PCOD, Klinefelter's (XXY Syndrome)
Current Protocol? We are not having any more children due to the emotional, physical and financial stress ~ we are thrilled to have just one at this point!

Anything else you would like to share? Our successful protocol was a combo of high does injectibles (Puregon) and Clomid with HCG trigger and single IUI 24 hours later.

Last edited by Moy; 08-21-04 at 12:30 PM.

Old 02-08-04, 05:56 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Name and Age: Maddy, 36 (will turn 37 in June 2004)
DH, DP, SO or single?: Partnered to a Saint!!

How long have you been TTC via DI? / how many tries?: Since June 2002 - 5 IUI's in a 19 month period because of a blocked tube/no tube issue and 1 IVF cycle (see next question).
TTC issues?: At first, a blocked left tube with dominant left ovary. In August 2003, I had an ectopic in this tube (somehow the little fellas managed to get through the "filmy adhesions" and fertilize the ONE egg on that side) and the tube was removed via an emergency lap. Now, I only have 1 tube and a fibroid that my RE doesn't think is in the way of anything.
Current Protocol?: After numerous rounds of clomid and five injectible cycles (many of which were cancelled before IUI) we are currently doing IVF because of a dominant follicle issue on my left ovary. First IVF resulted in a BFP and lasted until 7w1d. Beta was at 9004, but u/s could not locate sac in uterus, tube, or ANYWHERE! Was given a shot of methyltrexate to terminate pregnancy which RE feels could have been another ectopic in my remaining tube. Another RE at my clinic now feels that I should also have fibroids removed before another fresh IVF cycle.

Last edited by SnowboardingMommy; 03-28-04 at 09:17 PM.

Old 02-10-04, 08:59 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Wink New to IUI

Bronwynn, 38
London Ontario
single, just getting started again (tried to do this 5+ years ago but husband bailed on day scheduled for first insemination)
Concerned RE wants to jump into hormonal meds which may cause my controlled endo to become uncontrollable. I'm a 'natural' girl. Not on protocol yet.
Questions: Any suggestions on how a single woman selects an appropriate donor?
Anyone else experiencing negative feedback from friends & family and how do you deal with it?
Thanks!!

Old 02-17-04, 12:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Diane - Age 29
Western PA
Single

Been TTC via IUI since November 2003
No health issues so far, Dr.'s say everything looks good
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools