Baby Corner

Old 07-18-05, 01:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default 2nd beta

I wasn't supposed to have a second beta, but over the weekend I was cramping so bad that my dr. wanted me to have another one to make sure the pregnancy was progressing o.k. So, I just got the results and it was 1507. They said that it's good if it doubles every 48 hours and mine did. I am just still so worried because I am having terrible cramping. It's not all the time, but when I have it, it's worse than any AF cramps I've ever had. Has any one else experienced this? I was worried that it is ectopic, but they said along with abd. cramping most people have shoulder pain? What other symptoms would I have?
Leslie, I looked up your polyps on line and it said that you wouldn't even know you had them unless the dr. saw them on an exam because they are painless and harmless. It said the dr. can take care of them right in the office. What does your dr. say about them? Good luck! How are you feeling? I woke up sick this morning (but it didn't last long). Hope it isn't a precursor of the next 9 months

Missy

Old 07-18-05, 02:27 PM
Annie & Charlotte's Mommy

Thanked 12 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That's fantastic Missy. It sounds like you are progressing nicely. I'm sorry about the cramping. I don't think that I had any cramping with my pregnancy with Annie. I did bleed at the beginning though. I hope it's nothing beside the baby digging deeper into your uterine lining.

Old 07-18-05, 04:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks Ellen.....Is your beta tomorrow? How are you feeling about it? I am keeping my fingers crossed for you - GOOD LUCK! Missy

Old 07-18-05, 04:32 PM
Annie & Charlotte's Mommy

Thanked 12 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Yes Missy it's tomorrow but I tested on Sunday and got a BFN so I'm not very confident about tomorrow.

Old 07-18-05, 06:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Missy, I have read a lot about pregnancy cramping and I think it is pretty normal. The progesterone can cause some cramping too. I know it is hard but try not to worry too much.

Ellen, I tested the Sunday before my beta also and it was negative but when I had my blood test I was pregnant. Do not give up hope yet and good luck tomorrow.

Alicia
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools