Baby Corner

Old 10-12-05, 10:01 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default 2nd beta

hi everyone, i went tuesday for my second beta, it was 691. so it doubled plus some. the nurse said the number is borderline single or twins, we will have to wait for us in two weeks. i am freaking out, i never thought i would have 2 in there, plus my sister is having twins via in vitro in December. oh well i guess you manage right? my husband is worried about money, and work etc if there are 2. i guess you make it work somehow right? i know it would be cool, then i only have to be pregnant once, plus twins are awesome. i am scared carrying 1, must admit there are more nerves thinking your responcible for 2. i guess its all normal feelings, or am i not normal?
Diane

Old 10-12-05, 11:09 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

That's exactly how my betas went - doubled plus a little extra. Hmmm....you never know

. Since your sister is having twins, you can always say "twins run in the family". You wouldn't believe how many people asked me that. Even nosy family members said but twins don't run in the family, it must be his side. They can't even fathom the possibility of IVF with donor sperm. That's okay. I'd rather have them know less. When it's time, I want to tell the babies about how they got here.

Being worried about money and work are legitimate concerns. I have no idea what planet I've been living on. How did I not realize the expense? You will have you and your husband to take care of the child(ren). I'm on my own. If you can breastfeed, do it. The cost of formula is outrageous. Right now my mother is watching the babies but that won't last for long. Now I understand why some women don't work after they have children. It has nothing to do with the desire not to work but why hand over your paycheck to someone to watch the kids. You then also don't have the heartache of missing them grow and not going to music classes etc. Even with all this said, I believe everything works out in the end. I might have more money in the bank if I didn't do go this route, however, the world would be a sadder place without Spencer and Arianna in it (and definitely an inconsolable Faith).

Relax and let the chips fall where they may. They will all fall into a good spot. Trust me on this one.

Old 10-12-05, 01:24 PM
is loving my girls!
Community Member

Thanked 49 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Diane, Congratulations on your pregnancy. What wonderful news, you must be on cloud nine. My sister became pg through ivf with twins. Her first beta 12 dpt was around the low 400's. They also said it looked like it could be twins from the beta results. They are almost a year old now and are adorable. (boy and a girl)
She had trouble initially with BF but stuck to it and was successful. She has said the BF has saved her a lot of money. It also burns a ton of calories.

I wish you all the best and a wonderful healthy pregnancy ahead! looking forward to hearing your updates.

Take care Mary-Ellen

Old 10-12-05, 03:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Diane that is awesome, congrats....So you u/s is next week? when? I would have taken two in a heartbeat, but is is scary you are right even w/ just one. Like Glinda says let the chips fall where they may it all works out in the end and it does. Congrats again and can't wait to see what the u/s has in store for you. Best of luck to you.

Old 10-12-05, 03:25 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Diane, glad your second beta was so good, even if you can't yet tell if there are twins in there. IVF seems to be the worst kind of waiting game from start to finsh doesn't it?

The other day DH and I were talking about the possibilty of twins - I said I thought one would be more than enough for us, and to my complete shock, he said oh it wouldn't be so bad - they'd keep each other company and you'd only have to be pregnant once (believe me I am only giving birth one time!). I couldn't believe it - he's very supportive of my desire for a child, but he has three of his own and wouldn't be terribly disappointed if we didn't have another one. Anyway, his comment put my mind at rest. :-)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools