Baby Corner

Old 10-12-05, 04:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Diane, you are awful. I can't believe you would be worried to have twins! Just because your boobs will fall off from the constant feedings, you'll be broke and won't ever sleep again. I jokes. It's totally natural to be sketched out. Tell Dh to just think, you could be like me and have to spend five months in bed without my income and lord ony knows how much my medical bills will be not to mention what happens after dd gets here! I'm just going with the flow and have faith that everything will work out the way it's going to be. One way or another. Think of the poor folk in Tennessee living in the holler with a million kids. If they can do it (albeit some do it without teeth) you'll be fine! AND think how much you'd actually save because you don't have to do invitro again for another one! If you add it up you'd actually make out way ahead! Leslie

Old 10-12-05, 05:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

This article should make you all chuckle!

Arkansas Mother Gives Birth to 16th Child

By MELISSA NELSON

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Michelle Duggar just delivered her 16th child, and she's already thinking about doing it again.

Johannah Faith Duggar was born at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and weighed 7 pounds, 6.5 ounces.

The baby's father, Jim Bob Duggar, a former state representative, said Wednesday that mother and child were doing well.

He said Johannah's birth was especially exciting because it was the first time in eight years the family has had a girl.

Jim Bob Duggar, 40, said he and Michelle, 39, want more children.

``We both just love children and we consider each a blessing from the Lord. I have asked Michelle if she wants more and she said yes, if the Lord wants to give us some she will accept them,'' he said.

The Discovery Health Channel filmed Johannah's birth and plans to air a show about the family of 18 next May.

The Learning Channel is doing another show about the family's construction project, a 7,000-square foot house that should be finished before Christmas. The home, which the family has been building for two years, will have nine bathrooms, dormitory-style bedrooms for the girls and boys, a commercial kitchen, four washing machines and four dryers.

Jim Bob Duggar, who sells real estate, previously lost his bid for the U.S. Senate. He said he expects to run for the state Senate next year but isn't ready to make a formal announcement.

Michelle Duggar had her first child at age 21, four years after the couple married.

Their children include two sets of twins, and each child has a name beginning with the letter ``J'': Joshua, 17; John David, 15; Janna, 15; Jill, 14; Jessa, 12; Jinger, 11; Joseph, 10; Josiah, 9; Joy-Anna, 8; Jeremiah, 6; Jedidiah, 6; Jason, 5; James, 4; Justin, 2; and Jackson Levi, 1.

10/12/05 13:56

Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Old 10-12-05, 05:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

How could you even remember all their names?

Old 10-12-05, 07:53 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Maybe they thought it would be easier to remember the names if they all started with the same letter. Hey you, J, come over here. Michelle must be in awe of her husband's, Jim Bob's, sperm. Personally, I would start at "A" and work through the alphabet that way. Now who was my "E" child again?

Old 10-13-05, 10:52 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I actually watched a tv show about them. I couldn't imagine having that many kids and why on earth you would want to name them all with the same letter. Never mind how impressive his sperm are...I say she's the hero to keep stretching and shrinking. She must not have any elasticity left in her ANYWHERE !!!! I never worried about getting pg with twins. Actually I thought it would be better because I didn't think we would ever be able to afford to do ivf again if we wanted more in the future. Plus the whole age thing....by the time I would be ready to do this again, I would be alot older. Now the thought of triplets...that sends chills down my spine! Atleast with twins, each of us could hold one if they are both crying, what do you do when your kids outnumber you?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools