Baby Corner

Old 10-06-05, 08:34 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default 2nd Ultrasound

Morning Ladies-
I had my second ultrasound this morning and it was good. Dr. wanted to see the peanut double and it did. I was 5mm last week and 12mm today. He said that he could count the heartbeats and it was around 200. He said it was good. Also said that I still have a 5% chance to m/c. But that it looks as if I will be ok. He is releasing me to my regular OB.

It is going to be hard not to go to them anymore, almost sad. But he said he would write my OB a letter today and that I need to call and schedule a new OB appt. w/ them. I may not get in for a couple weeks and he said that was fine as not much is happening really, just growing. Still on the oral Progesterone. Other than feeling time, just a little qeazie. But still not believing it. I think I am going to tell my boss today since I am 8 weeks now. I am sure he will be fine w/ it, but still a little nervous, haven't really told alot of people. But just wanted you all to know where I was. Thanks again for all the support and encouragement. I am sooooo glad I found this site.

Everyone please take care.

Old 10-06-05, 09:04 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

YIPPEE!!!

Don't dwell on the possibility of m/c. I know, easier said than done. I worried til the very end that something could happen. Because of that, I didn't enjoy my pg and I regret that. In time, you'll relax. Even the cynic that I am relaxed when I started feeling kicks. You'll be smiling from ear to ear.

I was so upset when I had to go to a new dr. Due to my history, I had to be released to a high risk ob/gyn. I saw her every other week. The week I didn't have an u/s, I would get antsy. My old dr or nurse at his office would fit me in for a quickie u/s. Just so you know, I didn't see the high risk dr until I was 9.5 weeks. So you're fine if you have to wait a couple of weeks to see your dr.

I told very few people that I was pg. My assistant at work knew immediately. I mean immediately as in when I peed on the stick at 10dpt and got the +. She knew I was doing IVF and I needed to share with "in real life" people. I didn't have to come out of the closet because I wasn't gaining weight. Actually, I was losing weight. I shared my news with another co-worker around 3 months because she walked into my office and said I was looking green. I don't think I told my boss until I was 5 months pg. I had so many m/c (7) that I didn't want to jinx anything. Also my boss had said a couple of things in the past that I really didn't like. Most people are superstitious and they wait until the end of the first trimester. However, it's hard keeping your mouth shut when you just want to scream from a rooftop.

Old 10-06-05, 12:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

That's fantastic news! I'm so glad the second scan went so well and you're being released to your regular ob!

I remember it felt very strange making the transition from my ob to the midwives.

Old 10-06-05, 02:27 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks ladies for the well wishes. I still can't believe it is real. I hear what you are saying Glinda, I will try to relax a little more now. Dr. said I could start to exercise again, just walking or swimming. I think I will enjoy walking again. I have put on a few pounds not sure how much afraid to weigh but my clothes are tight. Glinda how did you lose weight were you sick? I have felt pretty good no morning sickness yet or nausea. I did tell my boss...he was thrilled he knew I had been trying, he said that he would not say anything to anyone until I was ready, but that he was very excited for me said I would be a great Mother. I thought that was very nice of him. But other than that have told virtually no one but my Mom and a couple close friends who knew I went thru this the first time. I got my first OB appt. 10/20 so I will be 10 weeks. Thanks again you all for your support and insight, it has helped me be more calm and relaxed knowing the feeling I have are normal. I appreicate all of you. Glinda it is HARD keeping quiet about it when it is something you have wanted for a long time.

Old 10-06-05, 06:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Alison,
That is so awesome, and so exciting. God an u/s of your own little peanut - I can't even imagine! I am sooo happy for you!

And it is really good news that you can be released to your "regular" dr. like "regular" people! lol Enjoy the ride and try not to worry.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools