Baby Corner

Old 10-06-05, 07:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hey Alison, I read "heartbeatS"?? Does that mean more than one peanut? We told everyone on the planet that I was knocked up. I told people that didn't even care mostly because I didn't want people to think I was just fat. I'm SO happy for you. At about 17 weeks I started freaking because I didn't feel any kicks but now I feel them about every hour and it's like Glinda says, SO COOL. They do a dopler three times a day here in the hospital so that's cool too. I liked my clinic but had my obgyn already picked out here and have been seeing him for years so was really happy when I got sent back to him (plus he's cute!). He comes to visit me evey day now that I'm here. I can't wait to find out about the BFP's this weekend!! U/S days are the bests days on the earth!!! Leslie

Old 10-06-05, 11:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Allison, yes I had morning sickness for pretty much the entire pg. However, I started losing weight before the morning sickness set in. My body was finally free of all the meds that I was shooting up for the last 4 years. I had gained a shitload of weight during all these cycles and m/c. And after I gave birth, I lost 40 lbs in 2 weeks.

As far as exercise, my ob said not to get my heartrate over 125. I walked everywhere for as long as I could. By the end of the pg, I no longer had ankles. I just had blobs above my feet. My feet were so huge that I had to buy new shoes in larger sizes each week. Also the pressure of one of the babies lying on my sciatic nerve made it very hard to walk at all. All this happened during the last 3 to 4 weeks before I gave birth. I was on "bedrest" by then.

Old 10-07-05, 09:07 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hey Leslie-Nope only one peanut he searched around again but only saw one. Sorry for the confusion. I know I can't wait to hear the BFP's this weekend it is exciting and ultrasounds do rock!! They are cool. Glinda wow 40 lbs in 2 weeks!! go girl. I wished I could do that! Yeah I have not had any of the morning sickness yet, so I am able to eat, eat, eat. I am afraid to go to that first OB when I have to get on the scale. They told me it would take 2 HOURS that first visit, man am I going to be a pin cushion? or what? hehe that is ok, it is worth it. How are your angels??? that is awesome to have a boy and a girl. I would have loved to have that. Is being a Mommy all that you dreamed of?
StacyLynn thanks honey. You are in my thoughts and prayers for a BFP, hope you are feeling well. Let us know. Have a good weekend.
Allison

Old 10-07-05, 10:39 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Allison, Thats Greta News About Your Us. Are You Going To Find Out The Sex Of Your Baby? I Know It Should Be A Surprise, But Myh Surprise Is When I Get Pregnant, So We Will, When The Time Comes, Find Out The Sex. Thanks For Thinking If Me In This Stressfull Time
Diane
/ ]

Old 10-07-05, 12:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Congratulations Allison, I'm so glad your ultrasound was went so well, and good luck going back to your regualr doc. Someday I hope to be in your shoes....!

Diane I know what you mean about finding out the sex. I was always a die-hard "suprise" person, but now it seems like after understanding every little detail of my body, doing ICSI and following the development of the baby from a cellular level that it would be somhow artificial NOT to know. Just my opinion. I'm pretty sure that if this whole process were "natural" for me I wouldn't try to find out. How about you Allison?

Julie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools