Baby Corner

Old 10-07-05, 01:39 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hey ladies...I am not sure yet, about finding out the sex of the baby. Part of me wants to know but then there is another part that wants it to be a surprise....I am sure that I will have to have a special u/s due to my age...my friend just had and she is my age, though not considered high risk age puts you there...and I heard w/ that type u/s if you don't want to know the sex don't look at the screen it is very advanced I guess...at least that is what I have been told. But they do ask if you want to know or not. I just don't know, just trying to move onto the next step w/o getting to far ahead of myself, if you know what I mean, it still does not seem real! I think by the time I feel movement or see a big belly I won't believe it. But thank you ladies for thinking of me. I am hoping to hear some more good news this weekend.

Old 10-07-05, 02:03 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Allison, do what I did. I got on the scale backwards. I never looked at the number. I only asked the nurse how much I gained or lost that week. Hearing that you gained 2 lbs is a hell of alot better than seeing the scale indicating that you weigh 4000 lbs

Even though a level II u/s is more advanced than the regular u/s, you can't always tell gender. Also lots of times, the baby's legs are in the way. I would never have been able to tell that Arianna was a girl. With a boy, it's easier if you can see something protruding but you can't always tell what you're looking at. I found the level IIs amazing. One day the tech said no cleft palate, no club foot. I wasn't even thinking about those things. They can see everything. They measure the kidneys, see how much urine is in there etc. You don't have to demand to see your child instantly after birth because you've already counted their fingers and toes long before they are born.

Thanks for asking about Arianna and Spencer. I've decided to add their stats to my signature so look below. As you can tell, Spencer eats and eats and eats.

Old 10-07-05, 04:31 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks Glinda I think I will do that, I don't want to know what I even weigh at this point...my clothes don't fit and not really ready for maternity so I guess I will go stretchy and bigger! yikes. That is sooo cool, I heard they can tell all of that stuff w/ that u/s man technology. Wow the kids are growing, Spencer is typical boy huh? hehe and Arianna is going to petite and danty....that is soo cool. I would have loved to have a boy and a girl like that, but I am just very happy and thankful to be prego w/ one, who I hope remains healthy. It is exciting. Well you have a great weekend w/ your beautiful babies. Talk to you soon.
Allison

Old 10-07-05, 06:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Right until the night before the scan, I was determined to know what it was, having known everything else in such detail....then I started having doubts. Baby crossed it's legs on us on the day anyway, and I didn't get another scan until 31wks to check it's size, by which time we'd decided to keep waiting it out. I've liked having something kept back as a surprise after everything else had to be demystified tbh.
I just hope and pray that everyone here gets a chance to make that decision and see that scan for themselves soon

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools