Baby Corner

Old 01-20-06, 09:18 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Question 2ww driving me mad and some Qs?

Hi all,

I think I can officially say I am going crazy in 2ww land!!! (And Im a psychy nurse so Id know!)

I sit watching the TV and suddenly realise I havent taken in the last 10 minutes of the programme and my head is busy singing "Pregnant am I, could be, might be, wont be, should be, cant be" I have to get up and do something!!

Of course the evil pee stick box now seems about 6 foot across when I walk in the bathroom I feel like I have to climb over it and scale down the other side to go pee it is screaming at me so much from the bathroom closet!!!

Which leads me to my question my egg retrieval was Friday my embryo transfer was Monday does that make me today Friday 4 days (tue, wed, thur, fri) past a 3 day transfer? I dont really understand that side of it! Thus my next question how many days past a 3 day transfer could you potentially see a BFP on an early response test. (Cause I have that 6 foot box of them in the bathroom )

Ruthx

Old 01-20-06, 06:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Ruth,

I'm sorry the 2ww is so agonizing for you - you're certainly not alone! One piece of advice - everyone's said it a millon times and they are right- DO NO USE THE EVIL PEE STICKS!!

OK, I'm smiling, but I'm not kidding! There are just too many variables, and you can set yourself up for either devastating disappointment or total elation and neither may be correct! The best thing to do (IMHO) is just to sit tight and try not to outguess yourself. Impossible, I know!

One last thing - really try to take it easy and pamper yourself. The thing is, if you get a BFN (and I certainly hope you won't!) you don't want to put yourself in any position of blaming yourself for having done too much, like, "if I only hadn't vaccuumed the entire house, maybe the embie would've stuck", etc. Whatever it is that needs to be done, it can wait two weeks, and in the end it will be worth it, BFP or not.

I'm wishing you lots of luck and hope you get that BFP....

Julie

Old 01-20-06, 06:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Excellant advice Julie...I couldn't have said it better. The evil pee sticks aren't even accurate until it's time for your blood test anyway, so why put yourself through it. My advice....get rid of them so that you are not tempted

The 2ww is the worse part of the whole process, but it will go by quickly. Try to do things to distract yourself. When is your beta day? Good luck and please keep us posted.

Old 01-20-06, 08:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Do NOT use the evil pee sticks!!! Even on day of beta they could be wrong. Lock 'em away, bin them, get them out of the house!
As I understand it too you are 4days past 3day xfer... But I could be misunderstanding it too.
I didn't find tv much help to distract me either during my 2ww, but I don't think anything really works, it's so impossible to switch off that bit of you that's hoping and praying like mad that an embie's sticking.

I found listening to calming music helped a bit. And practicing some visualisation relaxation techniques, you know the "walk in the woods" type ones... And I Totally agree with Julie, Don't do Anything that you may look back on and think "what if I hadn't/had"... Sending you lots of hope and prayers that this is it

Old 01-23-06, 07:32 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

DITTO! DITTO! DITTO! Bad bad evil pee sticks! They are not worth anything...just wait it out and try to do something fun. Massages, manicures and pedicures are my favorite ways to pass the time...and relaxing too

I think you have your days calculated correctly....don't worry your big day will be here sooner than you think!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools