Baby Corner

Old 10-01-05, 07:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Default 5 Day Transfer...Done

Hi All,
Dh and I went for my ET this morning and here's what's up with my embies. There were 2 "perfect" blasts, 2 morulas and 2 lagging behind. So we obviously transferred the 2 blasts. The Embriologist said they will look at them all again tomorrow and hopefully the 2 morulas will be blasts and able to freeze. Me and dh had a touchy conversation up there about putting in 2 or 3 and if there were 3 I didn't think I could do selective reduction. He was like "Wow". So thank goodness the decision was made for us when we got there. Not to be preachy, because I'm no holy roller, just very spiritual - but sometimes I think God know just when to step in for us.

And I'm glad he did this morning. So beta is on 10/10, only 9 days in the 2ww! YAY!!

Thanks for all the good thoughts!!

Old 10-01-05, 08:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

WOW!! I'm glad that you have two perfect ones in there!! I don't think I could do SR either, which is why we only went with two. statistically, your chances are better with blasts anyway. How are you feeling? How did the proceedure go? Isn't it nice with the 5 day that your wait time is a bit shorter?! keep posting if you need us...this was a stressful time for me. My heart rate went up and I felt queesy just reading your post!!! Maybe they should keep me on valium for the tansfer plus the 2ww!! Ha!

PS. The next time around we are going with three, b/c I feel like I'll be lucky to get one...if I do get three, I guess I'll be having lots of diapers to change and mouths to feed

Old 10-01-05, 09:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Stacy that is so exciting and I wish you lots off luck! Thank goodness about the # for transfer - I have no idea what I'd do in such a situation! How was the transfer? Was it just like an IUI (have you had one of those)?

GOOD LUCK!

Julie

Old 10-02-05, 07:50 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

You know, I was always irrational when it came time for transfers. I would have put 6 back if the clinic let me. I say I put 4 back with my lucky cycle but technically it was 5. I think they let me put the 5th back because we all knew it would never implant. The 5th embryo only had 3 cells. I've never heard of anyone being lucky with anything under 4 cells. The other 4 were 5 cells (2) and 6 cells (2). I cried on the table because I didn't think I had a shot in hell when they told me what they were. Now I have twins. What were the odds on that?! I know someone that put 5 back and 4 stuck. She went ahead with the pg. I couldn't have done that. I couldn't have carried more than 2. I'm glad I didn't have to make a decision about selective reduction. It would have killed me but I would have done it.

Stacy, I'm glad you were rational with your transfer. Here's hoping, wishing, praying that your 2 implant.

Julie, transfers are somewhat like IUIs. Both procedures are done with catheters. Instead of shooting up sperm, you're shooting in the embryos. The transfer takes slightly longer as the embryos are not randomly shot into your uterus. They are placed at specific points for optimum implantation. There is prep work but the actual procedure takes minutes.

Old 10-02-05, 05:15 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Well that's great Stacylynn. Only 9 days! That's so cool. I've read that blasts are way better too. You'll be all knocked up with twins before you even know it! How exciting. Sounds like it all went awesome. Take it easy and be good to yourself! Leslie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools