Baby Corner

Old 10-31-05, 06:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Diane, that doesn't sound good. Maybe you're an "opposite" girl. Sick at night and towards the middle. I'll be here 13 more weeks just as long as I don't deliver early. I tried to get out today for an u/s but they wouldn't let me without discharging then readmitting which meant tons of paperwork and moving out of my room. A BIG pain in the ass so... doesn't look like I'll be leaving for Tday either. Oh well, they can come here I suppose. How you doin' Allison?? Leslie

Old 11-01-05, 09:35 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

13 more weeks. Wow I thought you would be in for 6 out for 6, wasn't you Mother-in-Law going to take care of you? Sorry to hear that. But anything to make sure you angel! I am sure the Turkey will come to you. How is dh holding up? When will they let you know when you can deliever and all? will they just see how long you can go? How is the cervix holding up? Sorry for all the questions...you have just been on my mind alot and I am just worried about you. As for me I am fine. Still eating my weight in EVERYTHING! I hope I slow down soon! hehe I will be a barn by the first of the year. Still a little tire but getting better, I go for that elective u/s on Thursday, so I will be anxious about that but other than that good, thanks for asking. I will be 12 weeks on Friday, can't believe it still. Well Leslie, please take care, glad that you have some nurses that can keep you refreshed on your different languages! that is soo cool that you can speak 2 other languages, go girl. Take care, I will talk to you soon.
Allison

Old 11-01-05, 02:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Well they decided they weren't that crazy about my mnl coming because we live kind of far from the hospital so...There is only one road that can get pretty hairy in the winter and is frequently closed by avalanches. Our roommate is a helicopter pilot but you never know about the weather and you can't fly IFR over the mountains so the only option was staying at someone's house in Anchorage, which I didn't think she'd be that comfortable. Plus now they're monitoring the baby twice a day so I'd have to come in for that. Big pain. So! I'm stuck here till I have the baby. No idea when that will be though. Today she weighed 1lb12oz! Big girl. I had more fluid so they're going to do the diabetes test but other than that my cervix was about the same. We'll just keep going till I deliver or 37 weeks, which ever comes first. DH is doing fine. He's lonely but at least he has the roommate to keep him company and she makes him the occasional meal. I'm doing pretty darn good considering. You EAT whatever you want and get as big as the whole farm if you want! You earned it sister!! Take care and glad you're doing so good. Leslie

Old 11-01-05, 04:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Yeah I can see where you would need to stay, just to be sure you don't get caught w/o help and get stuck. So 1lb and 12 oz that is big for 24 weeks? sounds like she is very healthy!! yeah. Glad to hear the cervix was about the same. So for the diabetes test do you have to drink that horrible stuff? or how do they do that? Glad to hear dh is doing well. Glad to hear that you are doing so well considering. What is the weather like there now? snowing? just cold? are you allow to walk around at all or do you want to w/ the freaky room so close. How was your Halloween? Thanks for the advice, I am still eating up a storm and getting wide! hehehehe oh well, you are right I earned it! Well take care, I enjoy your positive attitude. Talk to you soon.

Old 11-01-05, 05:22 PM
is loving my girls!
Community Member

Thanked 49 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Conratulations Diane!

a healthy sounding baby too. My friend just delivered a healthy 10 lb boy and all along the nurses and the doctors told her it was most likely a girl because of the heart rate. He proved them all wrong. So I guess you never know. Congrats again

on your little

Mary-Ellen

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools