Baby Corner

Old 06-17-05, 08:18 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%

You are too cute Leslie!!!! Have you ever been pg. before? I'm 35 and have never been

We looked at overseas adoption information last night! My hubby was against it when I brought it up months ago. He must be realizing that this might not work for us and we need to consider other options. I feel good about this try though....it's going to work

I'm so happy for you. Missy

Old 06-18-05, 10:27 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Missy, had a miscarry at 21 then I was pg at 25 and got septic shock around three months (from a blood clotting disorder called Factor V Lieden deficiency) as a result had kidney failure, liver failure, on and on. But recovered fully with just a little kidney damage. About 35 decided to try and get pg again but my Dr. said my tubes were blocked and it wasn't going to happen. So we cried and got over it. Also, we could get no high risk Dr. to take our case because of my previous complication (was in a Japanese hospital for three months!). Then around 38 my Dr. asks why we never tried invitro (duh! never mentioned before!) so we decided to give it a go since my health has taken a turn for the best (I've been running marathons, climbing mountains, etc... hard core Alaskan chick). Still don't have the high risk Doc on board but we're pretty confident he won't turn us away when we show up

Oh, and I'm on blood thinners for the clotting issue. It's more common than I thought. And now here we are, PG! I'll be 40 next month. Leslie

PS You're just a baby! You'll be all knocked up before you even know it. My husband didn't want to adopt either (macho bull if you ask me "I want some of me in our kids" blah blah!)

Old 06-18-05, 02:12 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Hey Alicia. Nice to see you venture over to this board. I think you should figure the IVF cycle would cost you around $2,000, using Missy's costs. You won't need the meds so that should drop the cycle cost from $12,000 to $10,000 if not lower. You also won't need ICSI. Those donor sperm swimmers are great.

Leslie....ummm.....dare I say it.....but I'm 41.

Old 06-18-05, 06:00 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Leslie,

You have been through so much...this just makes it even sweeter

I hope you are right and that I will be knocked up in no time! I would try IVF a million times if we had to (my hubby would have something to say about that though). Our issue is money (which I'm sure is common). We really can't afford to try much more at this point. Sometimes you just have to weigh the pros and cons. Try another couple of cycles with a maybe result or spend the money to adopt and be quaranteed a baby. As much as I truly want to be pg., I know myself well enough to know that I would love any child that was ours (it wouldn't really matter to me). My husband wants his own flesh and blood...he has been having a change of heart lately though! Well, enough rambling. Leslie and Glinda, you are both still spring chickens yourselves and you will make wonderful mommies. I am very happy for both of you

Missy

Old 06-18-05, 06:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Leslie,

You mentioned Japan and now you live in Alaska....by any chance are you or your hubby military? Only asking because my husband is a recruiter in the army. I have looked on many military websites to see if they cover any infertility issues (insurance ), but so far have come up with a big fat negative.

Missy
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools