Baby Corner

Old 10-14-05, 12:24 AM
is loving my girls!
Community Member

Thanked 49 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I hope the lap was a success! How's your pain level? hope your not feeling nauseated. That was the worst part for me.
They really doped me up good on meds right after I woke from the surgery so the day of was o.k it was the following day I found the toughest.
Hang in there, this is all worth it in the end when you reach your dream, holding your baby in your arms.
Hope your feeling better soon

Mary-Ellen

Old 10-14-05, 01:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Well, that sucker's out of there, thank God! I'm actually quite a bit sorer than I thought I'd be and walking around like a hunched over little old lady, LOL. The lower incision is a little bit bigger than usual I think, but I'm just taking it easy and popping the percoset & motrin so it's really not a problem.

Luckily I had no nausea at all and came out of the anesthesia easily and with a big shit-eating grin on my face. I was really terrified beforehand (my first surgery) and was just soooo glad it was over! My doc said there was a lot of endo in there and she left the ovary in because it was too adhered to everything else to take out

But she said my tubes are fine. Evidently I am in a rare group of maybe 1% of women who have a lot of endo and no pain or symptoms. So in that sense I'm very lucky. What it will mean in terms of getting pregnant is another question, and something I'll need to talk to my docs about. Life is so wierd you know? You just have no idea what the future might bring, which is why it's so important to be grateful for every single day.

There was one beautiful moment in the whole ordeal though. When I was being taken up to the maternity OR, a little newborn in a pink cap was being wheeled by in one of those plastic basinettes, and she looked right into my eyes as we passed and I knew then that everything was going to be worth it. I have to confess that until that moment, and for lots of different reasons, I really hadn't been sure. Now I am.

Anyway, DH has gone off to his sister's birthday party in NY so I'm solo except for my little corgi, but truthfully I don't mind. Some friends are going to come over later and as long as I don't laugh too hard I'm fine!

Thanks for all of your support - I was thinking of you all yesterday and trying to be brave!

Old 10-14-05, 04:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Julie-Glad to hear that that sucker is out! and that you are starting to recover, been thinking about you. Sounds like you did not have such a bad go at it after all since it was your first...that is great. Hooray for Drugs!!!!

So when will they let you know about your chances now? when do you see the dr. again? That was beautiful what you said about seeing that little angel there staring right at you...God knew you needed a little consoling, that is awesome, what a wonderful sign that all is going to be ok, she was your angel watching over you that day.

I know how you feel about the time alone sometimes it is needed.
Well enjoy your friends tonight and try not to laugh to hard.
Glad you are doing fine. Onward!!

Last edited by JagsAli; 10-14-05 at 04:26 PM.

Old 10-14-05, 04:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Yeah!!!!! It's finally out and now you can get on with the trial and getting pg. That is so sweet about the baby you passed on the way babies are amazing. They have a way of making everything ok

Glad you are doing well and that the ordeal wasn't too bad. The incision might be a little bigger because they needed to get that cyst out of there. Do you know how big it ended up being? Take it easy this weekend and just be a couch potato. Take care Missy

Old 10-14-05, 05:51 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Glad it's out, wishing you a speedy recovery!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools