Baby Corner

Old 01-20-05, 11:05 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Advice needed

I am almost sure I asked this once before a long time ago but I just can't remember all that was said about it so I'm going to post again. So sorry.

The question is what is the normal fix for short LP? I used to be 14 days then I had one at 11dpo during the summer and now nov and dec have been spotting on day 10 and af by day 11.

I have also had some cycles where I am up to a week or more late Oing in the last year.

I am going to try to get another appt with our family Dr and see if they will do anything locally. Our insurance does not cover any IF testing or treatments and last time I checked into the RE's to possibly do IUI they all wanted to start off with a ton of tests to see if I had any IF issues. At the time the only problem we were having was DH being sterile. We just wanted to do IUI to speed things up.

So any info you would feel like sharing would be much appreciated. I am assuming the treatment would be clomid or progesterone. I just CAN'T seem to remember what was said before.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-20-05, 01:22 PM
Mommy to Sophie and Gabe!

Thanked 31 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

The "fix" is usually a progesterone supplement - to keep your homone levels up so that it delays the onset of AF. Clomid is supposed to make the whole cycle more regular and healthy, but won't necessarily lengthen the LP.

Best of luck in figuring this out. By the way - 11 days is about all I get too, and I'm not thinking that it is an LP defect *yet*. We'll see how some of my cycles go with the IUI's.

smk

Old 01-20-05, 03:32 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Are your cycles real short? Sounds like they are longer from your ticker...maybe your timing is off and you are ovulating earlier than you think???

Do you use a BBT or chart at all to help with timing??

Progesterone is the usual fix for a short LP but should not be taken unless necessary...an easy bloodtest would show that...

Old 01-20-05, 06:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My cycles are usually 33-35 days.

I used opk and bbt and showed O on day 26 this time instead of the usual 19-21.
Not sure why it was late but I did O according to bbt and opk. I had ewcm though much earlier in my cycle but no +opk at that time. I checked just to make sure. Our timing was perfect this time too. I just don't know what is going on.

I called an OB/GYN who does IUI's and he is having me get a progesterone level drawn tomorrow 11dpo and will see what he wants to do from there. He knows I don't have any insurance to cover tons of tests and is willing to work with me to have as few office visits as he can. Our insurance is so cruddy! I think we are going to try doing IUI next cycle if he gets the results back in time and gets me on something since I have had little to no cm. I've never had much though and got pg with both kids easily before. I also let him know that I don't have much time left to ttc because our donor is only working with us until June then I have to pick another donor or give up.

This same doc did a progesterone level on me in june because of a short LP and it came back a little low and then I got pg the next month but lost that one just 2 days after getting my +hpt.

All I know for sure is that I am incredibly upset and really stressed out now about running out of time.

Old 01-20-05, 06:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

smk and moy gave you great advice. The only thing I'd like to add is that maybe your dr can write up the testing as irregular menstrual cycle. It's not like it's a lie and it certainly isn't an infertility diagnosis.

Good Luck.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools