Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

AF Arrives

Reply Post New Topic

• WestiesMA WestiesMA's Avatar 06-28-05 | 01:33 AM
  • Well, AF just arrived on Saturday six days after I took the last white BCP. From the short time 10-15 years ago that I took BCP's I thought it was quicker but hey I'm happy that something seems to be working. I am on my third week of Metformin, and now up to 1500 mg per day. I am supposed to wait until after the next AF to start, but if she shows anywhere from 26-32 days that will be right in the middle of my vacation across the country. But, I should be back in time for an IUI, so I was thinking of asking for clomid. Clomid never gave me multiple follies, but always gave me picture perfect cycles with ovulation. That way I would not need a scan until about CD10 or so, when hopefully I would be back.

What do you think? Should I ask for the clomid, or just wait until August? Or who knows, without any meds maybe I will not ovulate again and have Yet Another 2-3 month cycle. At least then I wouldn't feel bad about being on vacation when I was supposed to be stimming.

I did lose some weight on this awful diet, but I am not sure how much. I don't own a scale, but my clothes seem a little looser. I doubt it is anywhere near the 25 pounds she wanted me to lose. I told the nutritionist how miserable I've been, not to mention cranky and exhausted. She told me I can have a little brown rice once or twice a week, and I can wrap my sandwich in a whole wheat tortilla instead of lettuce. I cheated and had a slice of margharita pizza (VERY thin crust, vegetarian) and some white rice while I was on my business trip. I also found some sugar free popsicles that I can have for dessert. Ruth, my hat is off to you - I don't know how you ate like this for a year!! WOW!!!
  • AMomInLove AMomInLove's Avatar 06-28-05 | 09:27 AM
  • Sucks to have timing off for your upcoming cycle...try the Clomid if it is your best bet and you do not want to sit out yet another cycle..cannot hurt!

I sympathize with you on the weight loss woes and changes to eating...they are very rough in the beginning! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

• :domesticgoddess: :domesticgoddess:'s Avatar 07-09-05 | 07:18 PM
  • I hope even with the trip that you are able to go with a try this month! I say go for it!!

GOOD LUCK!

• TNBabyRN TNBabyRN's Avatar 07-11-05 | 09:34 AM
  • I'd say go for it this month - can't hurt! Good luck!