Baby Corner

Old 08-08-06, 07:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Age and the "good ege"

Do any of you have any input on age and eggs? and Hcg levels? My clinic in MN wouldn't use my eggs because I got a 10 on my HCG levels.

Old 08-09-06, 03:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

You're referring to fsh levels, not hcg levels. As you get older, you have less eggs. The fsh level is directly correlated to the amount and quality of the eggs. Fsh stands for follicle stimulating hormone. The higher the number of your fsh, the harder it is to stimulate you.

HOWEVER, a fsh level of 10 is not doom and gloom. I can't believe your clinic used a level of 10 as a cutoff.

Please refresh my memory, did you ever try IVF with your eggs?

Also, I went to a clinic in NJ that is famous for dealing with hard cases, older women, high fsh. They couldn't care less about their stats which I don't think are bad anyhow. The top doc is into research, not turning away people who want to be parents.

Old 08-09-06, 04:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well did you & Missy go to the same clinic? Oh yeah, fsh. Well I'm really thinking about using my own eggs, no we never did try because the MN clinic just said no. You saw that Missy is going to be my "oven" right? Can you believe it?!

Old 08-09-06, 05:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Funny you asked this, I've been doing tons of research as of late on FSH levels and not been getting anywhere. One thing I did come across, was that IVF success rates are lower with FSH above 15. Something about the eggs being more delicate and not tolerating the procedures as well. Seems like 10 is rather low as a disqualifier.

My clinic says anything 10 and under is normal. Mine FSH is elevated for my age, but we're doing IUI, it's bound to be different for IVF. Maybe they're going more by your age. I've seen where lots of clinics have IVF cut off ages that are way too low in my book. Actually saw one where the cut off was 35. I couldn't believe it.

Hope everything works out for you and am very excited for you that you've got an "oven" lined up. Very cool!

Old 08-09-06, 05:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm totally doing it! I think it was $)(**% that they said no in MN.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools