Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Already Stressing out...(venting)

Already Stressing out...(venting)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 12-08-04, 10:08 PM
We're having another baby

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy Already Stressing out...(venting)

Hi Ladies
Thanks so much for listening.... Only 5 people know about our situation and I feel that right now this is really the only place I can go to vent and to share....

Too make a long story short, as of today I am in the 2WW... should this attempt fail (which I am HOPING AND PRAYING it doesn't) we still have 1 Vial left. The reason that I am stressing out is because when I went to check out Xytex to see if our donor was still listed, he was NO LONGER ON THE LIST..... it is VERY important to me that any and all of our future children to have the same donor.... so I am not sure what to do now... I am know that I am putting the cart before the horse as we just did another IUI today, but I cant help how I feel. I wasn't too worried about things when we talked to the nurse today about the fact it may take up to 6x before going to the next step. Well I dont have 6 tries to make, I only have 1 left.... Sorry for the long vent, I can't help it... I am a VERY optimistic person, but a very impatient one at that!!!

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks so much for listening..

Old 12-08-04, 11:03 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Call Xytex to get the scoop. There may be vials in quarantine. The donor may be donating more samples soon. Maybe there are vials which will be given to people trying for a sibling. You can also ask if they would contact the donor to see if he would donate again. All is not lost

Good luck with this cycle!!!

Old 12-08-04, 11:14 PM
We're having another baby

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glinda
Call Xytex to get the scoop. There may be vials in quarantine. The donor may be donating more samples soon. Maybe there are vials which will be given to people trying for a sibling. You can also ask if they would contact the donor to see if he would donate again. All is not lost

Good luck with this cycle!!!
Thank you Glinda... I do plan on calling the clinic first thing in the morning...

Old 12-09-04, 06:29 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm crossing my fingers that you won't need any more vials.

Old 12-09-04, 08:42 AM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

This is one of those times that you have to just let go of it. I am horrible at doing that myself...BUT...there is nothing you can do either way. It will either happen or it won't. Hoping it does, but if it doesn't I KNOW that you and your DH will come up with a solution that suits you. Hugs and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools