Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Am I the only OLD person here trying to concieve with donor IUI??

Am I the only OLD person here trying to concieve with donor IUI??

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-29-05, 08:10 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Am I the only OLD person here trying to concieve with donor IUI??

Im 42. I had donor IUI twin boys 4.5 years ago. My RE thinks Im CRAZY for wanting to do donor IUI with JUST clomid. SHE recommends a laparoscopy WITH injectable medications with the donor IUI. Am I stupid not to take her advise? Will I be wasting precious time and money?

Other than my age I dont think *I* have any fertility issues. My hsg was clear last week with two opened falopian tubes. My periods are regular like clock work. I get EWCM. I did an OPK just for fun and DID get an LH surge.

I will have a FSH/estrodile level with Decembers period. I guess that will tell me much.

Is there anyone like me out there? anyone with advise? Im feeling RATHER old these days!

Thanks, LoryH

Old 11-29-05, 12:55 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Lory! I am 41, and although I'm not TTC anymore, I did conceive my dd at 38. My RE told me several times that I was "old" for doing IUIs too and told me that literally 1 in every 4 of my eggs at age 38 was any good. If I were you at 42, I would definitely use injectible fertility meds and then do the IUIs. I literally had SEVEN eggs one cycle and not one of them took! My dh and I were so panicked - thinking we might get triplets or worse, but none of those eggs were good. I have no fertility issues whatsoever, it's just that as we age our eggs are less and less viable. I definitely recommend not wasting any time - use injectibles and get serious NOW.

Hugs and best of luck to you!
~Tracy

Old 11-29-05, 08:31 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm 39. Feeling low today since I tested negative this am-expecting AF any minute now. This is my first try for baby#2. It is probably my last as well. 4 years ago, it cost about 1000/month and now it's 2. I can't keep doing this unless a rich relative dies! I have a 3 year old DIUI daughter and would really love to have one more.

Old 11-30-05, 05:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm 38 and still trying for my first. I did my first DI 4 years ago and have tried on and off since then. Unfortunately I wasn't able to invest as much $$ into it as I wanted to because I went back to college to complete my BS (I'll finally graduate this month). Anyway, I'm now in a relationship with a wonderful man. He's got 2 great kids of his own from a previous marriage and I'm using the CPFM and OPKs and am currently halfway through my TWW (again) but if I don't get a BFP within the next couple of months I am going to go to my dr and ask what can be done to help this happen.

Old 12-27-05, 05:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

TTC currently on hold, 40 yrs, soon to be 41. When we saw the RE in the fall, he indicated he felt I should try IUI since it had worked on 2 cycles in the past, he'd suggest other methods only after failed attempts...my RE tends to go least invasive to most. I say go with your gut, sometimes you know best, if you are wanting to try iui maybe it's the way to go for you.

and

in your decision.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools