Baby Corner

Old 02-03-09, 04:57 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 220%
Default Amanda (pearlgirlulm)

I know it's the middle of the night where you are, and that you'll be trying to sleep at the moment, but it's 9am here, and so I just wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking of you today.

I hope your EC goes smoothly, and that you're soon in bed resting. Take it very easy, and keep up with the fluids, you've done all the hard work now. It's all in the hands of your embryologist and the 'lap of the Gods'.

I will be sending your eggs and sperm lots of fertilising thoughts. Take it easy, and make sure you get spoilt rotten between now and Friday!!

Much love and huge hugs.

Old 02-03-09, 07:51 PM
Community Member

Thanked 83 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hey Tracey!!! Thanks so much for all your thoughts. I went in at 5:30 a.m. this morning. My procedure was at 6:45 a.m. I woke up about 8 from the procedure but because some complications I had to stay at the hospital until 11.

From my understanding, they went in and could not reach the left ovary. The left ovary was weighted down so much they could not reach it at all. So they were only able to collect eggs off the right one. They collect 12 eggs off the right and as of right now they said 10 of the eggs were mature and look good, but of course I will find out more tomorrow at my doctor's appointment. My doctor of course acted like all this was bad news. He was hoping to get 15-20 good eggs and the fact we only got 10 he acts like is the worse news

I am over the moon excited. 10 mature eggs!!! When i can not even produce 1 on my own. I will take it. I have been bed all day because I am in some pain. Not much...My stomach is kind of hurting. I am worried about hyperstimulation. He said that I am a prime candidate for it and to watch the signs. So I have been a little nervous abut the stomach pain. It is not bad at all but if it gets worse I have to call him and we might have to hold off on the transfer.

My doctor is such a bummer man, I am sure tomorrow we will make sound like an infertile freak but my husband and I know he is the best and we are not paying him fo his bedside manner. We are paying him to get my pregnant and i can not argue with his techniques. They have been right now target.

Tracey thanks for encouraging me all he long way!!! I could not have done this process without you and this support group.

Old 02-04-09, 05:34 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

10 eggs is really great!! I'm glad it went well, but I'm sorry they couldn't reach the left ovary. I hurt a lot after the EC, just keep up with the paracetamol (I think you call them Tynelol in the US?)

You're right to be worried about OHSS, it happens with every IVF cycle, but mostly only very mildly. So if you start being sick, find it difficult to have a pee, find your breathing difficult, get pains in your calves or chest then get to a Hospital lady!!

In the meanwhile drink, and drink, and drink, and rest LOTS.

I look forward to your updates hon.

Old 02-04-09, 12:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 83 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

still in pain today. It has been hard to sit up straight or stand. My lower abdomen feels like I have done a thousand sit ups and every time I stand I pull on those muscles. I am taking tyenol and drinking a ton of water

Thank you for always thinking of me!! It helps to know that there is so many pulling for me out there. I am excited to go to the doctor's today. I am just really hoping he has good news about my eggs and I hope he does not want to do and exam. I am soooo sore, but know him he probably will.

I know we talk about me all the time, but how are things with you?

I hope Ibentow comes on soon and I hope she has good news. I have been worried about her.

Old 02-04-09, 03:17 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

So glad to hear everything went well Amanda, even though you aren't feeling so good. 10 eggs- that is GREAT! Grow embryo's GROW! Can't wait to hear how many you have and how many they will transfer. I am SO excited for you! Can't wait to hear your update!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools