Baby Corner

Old 01-02-06, 07:03 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Anyone with Blocked Tubes

Hey all, it's been a long time since I was on, but I wanted to share my experience. I am currently 9w1d with triplets. Scary, but welcomed none the less! This was my third round of IVF, however. My infertility problem was strictly Hydrosalphinx blockages in both tubes. If anyone knows someone with this problem, please suggest that they have their tubes removed before attempting invitro. In my case, the fluid in my tubes was actually poisoning the environment in my uterus, which is why the first two rounds didn't work. But there is no way of knowing if the fluid will effect the process. I found out through process of elimination-the only reason my Dr. could come up with as to why the first two didn't work was that the fluid was poisoning my uterus.
Also, for anyone going through the process, I would seriously recommend acupuncture. The following were my fertilization results and med protocol from all three of my cycles. Although some of the differences can be chalked up to change in meds, the number of healthy fertilized eggs I think is related to the acupuncture-and I was VERY skeptical to even try acupuncture.

IVF #!- Lupron, Follistim, Repronex, HCG
results: BFN-tube related-6 eggs-3 fertilized and transferred

IVF #2-Lupron, Gonal F, Repronex, Ovudrel
results:BFN-also tube related-2 eggs-both fertilized, only one made it to transfer

IVF #3-Lupron, Follistim, Menopur, Novarel
results:BFN w/triplets-12 eggs-7 mature and fertilized

I hope this info will help someone else!

Old 01-02-06, 06:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Congratulations on your pregnancy, wishing you a healthy and happy 9mths. Thanks for sharing what worked for you.

Old 01-03-06, 12:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks for sharing! I had blocked tubes also and my Doc insisted that they be removed prior to IVF...I'm now 7w1d pregnant! This was my second try...

Old 01-03-06, 01:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

My tubes are blocked and still in my 33w2d prego self. It took me twice as well. Is there a test they can do to check your tubes before you do surgery?L
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools