Baby Corner

Old 11-20-04, 05:31 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

According to things I've read, it can be done either physically or chemically.

I read about cutting the slit on an IVF website.

Old 11-20-04, 07:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Sorry dollface

, I wasn't questioning the "slit" you mentioned. I'm sure there may be a clinic that does it physically. You wrote about putting the sperm in. With a fresh transfer, the sperm has been in for 3 or 5 days before they do AH. Since JB had her embryos frozen, there was no reason to do it before. Now it's time to get those little guys to come out.

But more importantly, I just figured out I can write in PURPLE !!!

Old 11-20-04, 07:34 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

AH is pretty cheap at my clinic ($300 I think?) and I would definitely do it if I was putting back 3 day embies regardless of whether or not my zona's were thick, my age, etc.. I'd pay the $ for the peace of mind that the little buggers could escape ok.

I have only done blast transfers and they will not do AH hatching on blasts because the zona is too thin at that stage.

Good luck!!

Old 11-21-04, 06:14 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well you guys are just a wealth of information! I am wondering why in the heck they have not offered this to me before after a couple of failed cycles for no2. I made a mate at the clinic with an embrologist - after my 5th cycle - even though it was a failure i bought her choclates and flowers cause she was so nice and she said please call if ever you need me. I called her for a post mortem after failed cycle 5. I have a day off work on Tuesday so i am going to call and discuss this with her. From what you have described here this is definitely a goer even with a FET so i think i might just request this - as what really do i have to loose any more. Thanks for the info.
JB

Old 11-21-04, 11:29 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Last summer I did a FET with 4 truly crappy embryos (alot of fragmentation) but one stuck (for 10 weeks - trisomy). They didn't think anything was going to implant. Maybe the embryo implanted because of the assisted hatching. It now appears that Jaime (marriahlyn) is pg. She just did assisted hatching with her FET. My clinic does assisted hatching with everyone regardless of their age. As Maddy stated, the cost is nominal especially compared to the prices of everything else involved.

My new thing is now adding in embryo glue.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools