Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Anyone using fresh sperm donor??

Anyone using fresh sperm donor??

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-16-04, 11:52 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by glinda
Long lost friend.....hmmm.....are you talking sex or are you talking insemination?

Regardless, I don't mean to put a damper on your plans but has your friend been recently tested for infectious diseases? When you use frozen sperm, it has been in quarantine for 6 months before it is released. The donor is tested when he donates and then again before the bank releases the sperm.
He truely is just a friend of 10 years - no sex between us - ever. It will be 'insemination' - He gets the CUP. lol We have already been to a lawyer to have her look at the contract (which happens to be 7 pages). Yes, very detailed. No guarantee with any contract but the 'intent' is very specific. And yes he has been tested - a couple times. We have taken all of the precautions and have read up on this in detail. So far everything looks good.

If he or I get cold feet using a 'known donor' then I will go back to NWCryo for my donor.

Old 11-16-04, 01:46 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

We did not know anyone who was able to donate for us and figured a clinic was a much better way to go...had no choice once we found out problems were both mine and dh's (would never have got pg without IF treatments and meds)...would have saved a bundle though (I htink samples are up over $600 a pop now

).

Old 11-16-04, 04:54 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I think fresh is definitely a better option. However, DP and I had to see an attorney to have her draw up surrogacy papers for us (DP will be carrying my frozen embies) and the one thing the attorney said is "Be thankful that you are not using a known donor because this contract would be a nightmare". Apparently, known donors and the law is a very, very tricky subject. Like I said, using fresh sperm is very tempting especially since you have such a wonderful friend, but be careful. If it works, you never know how he might feel when he sees that baby (he might want part time custody) and you never know how he might feel 10 years from now. We decided to use frozen sperm for that very reason. We don't want anybody else involved, but we did want the option of open identity. So, we went to Xytex and picked a donor who had an adult photo and was an open identity donor. This way our child(ren) will be able to get information when they are at a safe age of 18

if they ever feel the need to have it.

Old 11-16-04, 09:19 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Fresh sperm is always better - just make SURE he's been tested for AIDS, hepatitis, CMV, etc. I think it's great - good luck!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools