Baby Corner

Old 09-28-05, 07:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks guys. I'm in good hands. Got lots to keep me busy. Soaps, Dr. Phil, knitting, magazines, books, visits with friends (hopefully) and I was thinking of learning a second language. Thanks for the good thoughts. Leslie

Old 09-29-05, 09:20 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Good luck with the bedrest Leslie and thank heavens for computers. I'm sure you'll handle it with your usual grace and humor. How do you do it???

Hey, are you a movie nut? Have you thought about Netflix? You could go for the gold membership - just think how many you could watch! Although I'm for the knitting - since you are having a GIRL (congratulations, BTW!) think of all the great things you could make.

Julie

Old 09-29-05, 12:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I agree Julie-Netflix is the way-no going to the video store, they come right to your door-perfect when you're on bedrest...I don't know about you guys, but I like to knit WHILE watching a movie...my knitting is VERY simple stufff...in fact the girls at my knitting shop tease me and say they are going to have a class just for me called "beyond scarves"!!!

Old 09-29-05, 01:27 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

That's funny Bonnie. Right now I'm knitting a bunch of different squares to put together to make a blanket. The only problem is I don't know how to sew the squares together or make the border. This is my first project and the ladies at the knit store were walking me through square by square. I might have a friend go find out how to finish it for me. Netflix is great but the only problem is that I live in a little village and unfortunately we have no addresses so don't get mail at the house. We have to us P.O. boxes in town so have to rely on dh to go. At this point I don't think he even knows our box number! It has been interesting so far with dh. Yesterday I gave him a grocery list (his very first time ever) and a normal 30 minute trip took him 2 1/2 hours! I'm not kidding. He got home last night at 11:00. Then this morning he gave me a lecture on keeping my stuff picked up and in a localized area. Sound familiar! Hehheee. It started out funny but now I just feel bad for him. Will call on friends to help this weekend. Poor guy. He did get everything right on the list though. Julie - thanks for "coming out" with your name! Leslie

Old 09-29-05, 02:18 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Leslie- I wouldn't have a clue how to put them together either! I did make a baby blanket for a friend by knitting as many stiches as I could on my needles-it turned out to be about 20x30-for a very new and little baby!! Its the thought right? I feel bad for your DH-it is hard work to keep the house running.The good news is that he will probably have a new found appreciation for all that you do. I wish I could help...is her foot removed from your cervix yet???
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools