Baby Corner

Old 04-29-06, 03:51 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default aspirin and guaifenesin

Ok, I know both of these are recomended by some when TTC. I have read conflicting info on it, including a higher rate of M/C, but am not sure how accurate that is. My question is, when do you start these?..How much?...How often?..and for how long?

I remember Tracy telling me, but I can't remember

Sorry for all of the questions. I am a rookie at this

Old 04-29-06, 11:38 AM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

I've never used asprin while TTC but I did use guiafenisin.... it did seem to help improve my CM a bit. I'm not sure how asprin would help as it's a blood thinner

Hope you find something that works for you

Old 04-29-06, 01:15 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Aspirin is only necessary if you are using Clomid. It helps to build a good uterine lining. Also, eating plenty of red meat will help too, to be honest. I wouldn't take aspirin unless you are doing Clomid, and if you are having IUIs, Guiafenisen isn't needed either as CM production is bypassed with an IUI. If you are doing ICIs then I would take it AND drink more water than usual as it really does help the CM. Did I just talk circles or was I clear? Please let me know if you have anymore questions!

Old 04-29-06, 01:16 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Oh - and if you are doing ICIs and you want to use the Guiafenisen, then start taking it when you are getting close to O and stop after the ICI.

I love seeing you and Sponge Bob here, btw!

Old 04-30-06, 12:05 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Aww, thanks

What dosage do I take and how often??
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools