Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Back with 3 days before testing!

Back with 3 days before testing!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 04-21-06, 11:33 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Back with 3 days before testing!

Hello all. I have been hanging around TBC for about 3 years. I conceived my son via IUI and the wome on the DI board were my saviors as it took me a year and 10 IUI's to finally conceive. I am trying for my second and have just done my first IVF (after 4 failed IUI's). I am LOW responder (approaching 40yrs old). On FULL meds (450u) I only produced 4 eggs and 3 fertilized. One was a beautiful grade 4 while the others were well formed grade 2+'s. All were transferred. Today is day 8 post transfer! So testing fever has set in.

I have a question...I have used progrestrone suppositories before but never the injections. I am now on the injections. When I did the suppositories along with the HCG my bbs would hurt and I would feel twinges in my abdomen up until about 12 days post HCG shot then I would feel NOTHING. I would feel totally normal.

So now it is 13 days past HCG shot and I feel lots of things. My bbs still hurt, back ache and menstrual aches. A touch of nausea here and there (so slight though could be wishful thinking). I am still on 1cc of progresterone oil/day.

So my question is this...is the oil so much more powerful that it would continue to produce these 'pg' symptoms? Does progesterone produce these pg symptoms? I always thought it was the HCG but now I am wondering...am I crazy?

And when can I test? I am going in for a blood test on Monday. I am 8 days post transfer...will I get anything if I test at 9 or 10 days post transfer?

I am feeling

Thanks all,

Jen

Old 04-21-06, 12:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Welcome back, and congrats on a successful transfer. I never had the progesterone support, I received the HCG shots. They caused alot of symptoms, but not after my 12days, the symptoms gradually started coming back, the biggest one that keyed me in was the backache. You are really good, I was POAS from day 3 gradually watching the HCG leave my system, and return on its on. You have great symptoms, and I will pray for a great outcome, hang in there, you are so close.

Sending truck loads of positive vibes your way.

Old 04-21-06, 02:31 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hey Jen. I can't believe that you haven't tested yet. You've gained patience in your old age

. Yes, the progesterone mimics pg symptoms. The oil is stronger than the suppositories. Of course, I'd like to believe that the reason you are feeling such strong symptoms is because it's the real thing

You could pick up a + at 9 or 10 days post transfer. It's better to wait. I can't believe I just said that to you after all the IUIs we went through together. You used to have me test during our Tuesday night chats. Sure do miss those.

Wishing you tons and tons of luck.

Old 04-21-06, 05:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Good Luck Jen! No, you are not crazy, the shots do make you feel pregnant...my 1st IVF I was SURE, without a doubt it worked...it didn't and in the mean time I did several evil pee sticks with mixed results (I'm sure just to make me more batty). On my second IVF, I didn't have as many sysmptoms as the 1st and sure enough I was pregnant! This baby making business can be crazy. Just wait...easier said than done...for the real results. Best of luck to you!!!!

Old 04-22-06, 09:52 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

OK, so I tested...negative. And now it is 9 days post transfer and my bbs almost NO soreness and less to no back ache/abdomen stuff.

So my question is this:

How many days post transfer does HCG show up in blood? In urine?

I understand the days post-O timeline, but not post transfer...

Do my disappearing symptoms mean doom?

Thanks,

Jen
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools