Baby Corner

Old 07-21-05, 01:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Smile Back from Docs appointment!

Hi Guys,

First of all thanks for all your advice and well wishes! My appointment went really well our Doctor is so nice. He began by saying that although I technically had 12lbs to go to get to my goal of getting my BMI under 35 he felt I had done more than enough to keep my side of the bargin to lose weight and he was happy for us to have our next lot of treatment

So to our plan.... Well 2 more DIUI but with really aggressive injecable cycles growing 2 follies, very close u/s and b/w monitoring, then a trigger shot and progesterone support during 2ww. Then if these 2 fail we move to IVF, Doctor plans to do a fresh IVF cycle to get as many eggs as possible, fertilise them all and transfer 2 then freeze the rest. If the fresh cycle doesnt work then we will have as many FETs as there is frozen embryos till they run out then another fresh cycle and after FETs till weve used all our embryos. Dh and I have decided that if this doesnt work this is the point we will move on to international adoption and not spend any more time or emotional effort on treatment, we told the Doctor this and he felt that was a good plan.

I started AF as I was at clinic so they decided to start injectable cycle this month! I go for b/w tomorrow and start my injections of Gonal F.

Wish me luck!

Ruthx

Old 07-21-05, 01:40 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Sounds perfect and ver promising! Hope this is all that is takes for you!

Old 07-21-05, 03:00 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Good Luck

Old 07-21-05, 03:21 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Sounds like a great plan!!! Glad to hear that you and the RE are on the same page. I really hope you never need to do IVF, but also a great plan!! Of course, I think adoption is the most wonderful thing ever!

Good luck, Ruth!

Old 07-21-05, 11:15 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Good luck Ruth!! You have worked so hard to get to this point and I pray this is it for you! Hopefully the weight loss is what your body needed! I think your plan sounds great. Since you feel comfortable knowing adoption is an option for you maybe it will take some of the stress off for these cycles. Less stress is best!!! (yea right, like any of us know what less stress is!! )
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools