Baby Corner

Old 12-14-04, 06:07 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Maddy I truly hope things work out for you. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Susanne

Old 12-14-04, 06:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Maddy, I am so sorry that you are still on the tightrope. I thought I'd post what my clinic wants to test me for on my next CD3, just so you have that info:

FSH
LH
Estradiol
TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone)
Prolactin
Rubella
HIV
Hepatitis B & C
RPR (syphilis...as though I don't feel dehumanized enough already!)
Testosterone
DHEAS (I think an androgen associated with ovulation problems)
Glucose
Insulin
Lupus anticoagulant (should have been tested as part of my antibody panel with my former RE, but was not)

I have low thyroid, so I get a whole thyroid panel (including T3, T4 & FSH) fairly regularly.

After my 2nd m/c, I saw a genetecist for a full work-up of me and of DH. They found no major genetic problems, but they did find in me a blood clotting issue that has been linked to pg loss (called MTHFR C677T gene polymorphism, too boring to explain here). Because of that, I take baby asprin plus about 10x the amount of folic acid found in prenatal vitamins.

I believe with the antibody panel, they test for Factor V Leiden, Protein C, Protein S, Antithrombin S, Prothrombin Gene Mutation, LAC (lupus anticoagulant), ANA (antinuclear antibodies), ACA (anticardiolipin antibodies). There may be others. You probably had all of these, but my former dr. skipped one, so I thought I'd throw that in too.

I hope that's not too much info, but if you're anything like me you like to be overly informed.

I hope you are taking good care of yourself. Please let us know how you're doing.

Old 12-14-04, 06:50 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Monique, my RE's do not believe in all the immune testing that Millanova does. I have asked about it 2 or 3 times now. My fave RE (Dr. L) told me that she would write up the slip for the implantation failure, NK, etc. if I wanted, but she said she thinks that a lot of these tests are truly worthless tests (and are very expensive). If they do find something weird, there is nothing we can do to fix the problem with the exception of trying IVIG which is still very experimental (and also very expensive). I am having some genetic testing done (karyotyping), but they do not feel that there is anything more they can test me for. I've had the entire APA panel done and every single test came back negative. Dr. L said that most women have something in the "iffy" column. Not necessarily high or alarming, but something that is a little out of range. Mine came back in range for everything. It's truly a mystery. All we can do next time is try a 3 day transfer instead of a blast transfer. But even with this, Dr. L says that all my embies go to blast so nicely (they look PERFECT!) that she hates to do a 3 day transfer. Next IVF will be a 3 day transfer with AH.

Sarehl, thanks for listing your tests. I have had all of those done at some point. Not sure about the thyroid tests, but maybe I have. I keep seeing stuff about T3 and T4. I will have to ask next time I am at the RE's office. Seriously, I don't think there is anything left to test.

I have seen this MTHFR thing before and will ask about it. I am on baby aspirin and asked about heperin (sp?), but Dr. L said that I don't need that.

Maybe it's just bad luck? I don't know. Looks like DP will be doing an FET on Jan. 21. Maybe my embies will like her uterus better. I just want our baby to get here already.

My next beta is tomorrow, but since I'm going to an in-network lab and not my RE's office, I probably won't have the results back until Thursday afternoon. I'll keep everybody posted. Until then...it's major praying that I just have a slow growing/late implanting embie.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools