Baby Corner

Old 10-09-05, 05:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That's an Excellant first beta!! Do you know when the first scan be?

Old 10-09-05, 09:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Wooooohooooo Diane! That is FANTASTIC news!!!! I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how it would go, and now....we know! Congratualtions, and here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!

Julie

Old 10-10-05, 12:12 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

CONGRATULATIONS DIANE!!!! THIS IS INCREDIBLY FABULOUS NEWS!!!!!!!!

Old 10-10-05, 08:24 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

thanks everyone for the well wishes. Its now the day after my big news, and i must say i am still in shock. i could not breathe when i was talking to the nurse. then when she said there was a chance of twins i freaked. Missy and glinda, were your numbers high at beginning? my sister who is having twins had a 680 number her first blood test, so maybe 301 is one. who knows, now i have to wait two weeks for first ultra sound! Now that i am pregnant, are there any restrictions i should know about? i was too confused to ask nurse, now i have no clue what to do. Lifting, exercising, etc? what can and can't i do? what about food? can i have equal with my coffee or do i need real sugar? i am confused, but so happy. now i have so many more things to think about, and i want to do eveerything right for my baby. Man this is a lot of work. good news is now i have a reason to quit my third job as a bartender, i felt bad leaving them but now i can not be around smoke so i need to quit. plus i do not want to work 60 hours a week anymore.
if anyone can shed some light about what i can do, eat, etc please help
Diane

Old 10-10-05, 09:55 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I went back through your previous posts to figure out dates. If retrieval was on September 24th then due date is June 17, 2006

(Retrieval is counted as ovulation when you do IVF). Therefore, you are 4 weeks 2 days pg today. (Go set up your signature ticker

)

Your first beta was done at 12dpt. My beta at 12dpt was 205. I did have a beta at 10dpt and it was 101. My dr didn't think it was twins. I did

. When I was doing IUIs, I knew that 100 was a great beta for 14dpt. My clinic does first betas for IVF at 12dpt and they want a number over 50. Also since I had done a FET, not a fresh transfer, I knew my number was on the high side. FETs usually, not always, start out lower. And since it was a FET, I had no hcg trigger so there would be nothing lingering in my system.

I can't help but think it's twins. However, betas are so deceiving. A friend had a really high first beta and it turned out to be one healthy little boy. Are you going for another beta tomorrow? That's a way to get a better idea of what's going on inside. In previous pgs, my beta never doubled within 48 hours (it doesn't have to) but with the twins pg, it always more than doubled. With multiples, the beta increases exponentially.

Don't lift anything over 10 lbs. No vacuuming, no laundry - nothing with bending. Make sure you're taking your vitamins. Are you on progesterone supplements? Did you have your P4 and E2 levels tested? I used Splenda in my coffee. Not sure if that's good or bad. I tried decaf but it tasted awful. Don't make yourself crazy with the food. Most pg/baby books outline a diet for you and tell you what you need to eat. It was too much for me. I'd stay away from heavy duty exercising.

I am so so so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools