Baby Corner

Old 10-10-05, 10:04 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

WOW Dianne!! Congrats!! I am sooooo happy for you!! You must be over the moon, I know you are. That is a high number. Like Glinda said do you go back for another Beta? or did they just decide it was too high for another? hehehe. Wow that is great news....now looking for a BFP from StacyLynn today, yeah your due date is calculated from your retrieval date that is when they fertilize the egg...cool beans!! As for food I am w/ Glinda the books are crazy w/ what you should eat, what you shouldn't, I still do Splenda and I try to stay away from fried foods but can't help it. Me and dh own and Ice Cream store too so that doesn't help either....but I do try to drink my OJ and get some fruits and veggies in when I can but that could give you GAS....but you do what you feel is good for you. Yeah stay away from the smoke. Good luck to you....have a happy and healthy 9 months!! what a great day.
Allison

Old 10-10-05, 10:12 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

StacyLynn thanks for that site it is VERY informative and right on w/ the due date that the Dr. gave me. Thanks....you will be using that tonight. Take care.
Allison

Old 10-10-05, 11:35 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Diane. NO you should not be working 60 hours a week. My Dr. said no exercise until the first u/s. My first beta was 667 and more than doubled in the first 48 hours so we were super sure it was twins but then just saw one bean at the first u/s. Thanks be to god. If I had twins at this point of bedrest I'd be out of my mind with worry. I'm getting scared out of my wits as it is! I'm actually losing my positive attitude and starting to worry a lot. I think it's the information everyone here at the hospital is pouring on me. I did read that splenda is totally safe. Go buy the book pregnancy week by week. Leslie

Old 10-10-05, 12:22 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

YEAH!!!!! I'm soooo happy for you Diane!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months! I'm with Leslie---could there be two???

Old 10-10-05, 04:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I was told no heavy lifting or stretching or hoovering.
As far as foods concerned here in the Uk I was given a sheet which basically says: No raw meat/fish (i.e parma ham and smoked salmon) no pate, no soft cheeses (so no brie, camembert etc), no liver (too high in VitA), no home made mayo or anything with raw eggs unless said eggs are specified on the label as pasteurised, same deal with fruit juices. I'd cut right back on caffeine pre-ivfing, but I too refuse to drive myself nuts with that - for me it's the decaf tea that just Doesn't taste the same & I enjoy chocolate

The occasional treat is good for your emotional health which is good for baby imho! I've just tried to eat healthy food that I also Enjoy basically (this became particularly important to me after weeks of projectile vomiting! I fast learned what tasted best Both ways!

) and take my pg supplement for the additional folic acid/vitamin boost.
I well remember a sudden terrifying moment of realisation that I now knew Nothing At All about what was allowed, to expect, do, etc when I became pg! I'd really struggled to just walk into mothercare to buy presents for my nephew/nieces nevermind to actually believe & prepare for when the investigations and treatment actually Worked for Me!
Most important of all... try to Relax and Enjoy this moment and the rest of your pg!!!
I would definitely cut out the bar job / cut down your working hours if you can (and sounds like you were wanting to anyway from your post).

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools