Baby Corner

Old 10-11-05, 07:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Leslie...glad you are feeling better today and your baby girl sounds like a little devil

I had another ultrasound today and it was better. The tear did not get bigger (yeah). I also have something called interstitial cystitis. They explained it to me by saying it is ulcers in my bladder (like the ones people get in their stomachs) which cause alot of pain. Unfortunately, it cannot be treated while pg. because meds are harmful to fetus. So, the doc basically said that eventhough I am in alot of pain, I just have to deal with it. It's o.k. though as long as I know that my babies are still doing well. He told me to quit my job. I don't have to be on full bedrest, but he said take it easy and off my feet as much as possible. I also found out the sex of baby A...they aren't 100% sure, but said looks like a girl

I'm so happy to have one of each.

Leslie....I didn't realize how short your cervix is. Do they think it will improve while you are in the joint? They checked mine on friday when I first started having so much pain, but it is actually really good (7). Take care of yourself and that little girl. Don't get bummed out...this is for a very good cause.

Old 10-11-05, 08:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Missy! A girl and a boy, how perfect, well except your bladder. You are the queen of the cervix! That's awesome, especially since you have twins. I was pretty happy to quit my job.

1.8 isn't good and we don't expect it to get longer, just as long as it doesn't get shorter, I'll be fine. Hannah is way to sweet of a name for my little angel. Were going to name her Katie. I'm not sure if well find something longer like Katelyn or Kathryn but we will be calling her Kate or Katie. Little stinker. I can't WAIT to meet her. So my friend that just had a baby got a boob job and her boobs look awesome! I'm SO getting a boob job when I'm done breastfeeding. Leslie

Old 10-11-05, 08:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Leslie- My friend is getting a boob job too! She and I have our 40th B-days soon and that is her gift to herself...she said after nursing three she has two empty sacks sitting there...my sister got hers done after nursing 4-she went overboard-they are HUGE and feel like cement when you hug her...hmmm At least her DH is happy. Glad to hear you are stablilizing....don't take any *&%$! from those nurses-you are the customer

Old 10-12-05, 10:21 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Leslie-Thanks for clearing that up. So your Cervix is short and they are worried about cramping the baby huh? I wonder if that is why you feel alot what she is doing all the time? Glad to hear that you are doing well and so is Katie, cool name. BTW boobs jobs are running wild here at my office, 3 so far, so I say go for it! Just glad to hear that you are doing well and your spirits are high again and that you got to chew out a nurse..tee hee.
Missy good to hear from you! AWESOME about the girl and boy....that is ideal...Congrats. Glinda I am sure will be excited too when she hears the news. Glad your tear is stabalized but sorry to hear about the bladder. Have to quit the job...are you happy about that? or do you really like your job? Glad to hear that your cervix is good too.
Take care you two glad to still have you around, it will all be worth it in the end.

Old 10-12-05, 02:58 PM
is loving my girls!
Community Member

Thanked 49 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi Leslie and Missy,

Just wanted to say

congratulations

on your pregnancies.
I can't even imagine what it would feel like to get that BFP. (hopefully I will soon)

Leslie- you had asked earlier what clinic I was at- I'm going to the Markham Fertility Clinic in Ontario Canada. It's great, I like it there and it's only a 25 min drive north west form me.
My sister was also on bedrest for a short cervix when she was pg with her twins (through IVF) She ended up delivering a month and 3 weeks early and the babes were fine. A boy and a girl. They will be one years old next month. I am so in love with them. They are my first niece/nephew on my side of the family. DH has a nephew who is 8yrs old.

Well Just wanted to say hi and send you ladies both some words of encouragement!

All the best ladies! I hope the time goes quick for you both.

Mary-Ellen

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools