Baby Corner

Old 08-27-05, 06:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Bonnie

Bonnie, you sound a little like me although I had different problems than you have. I got pg alot, I always m/c. I read your post to Rose. Did you go to Clear Passage in Florida? I considered going there. I wanted to leave no stone unturned. My last hope was antibiotic treatment. A few months before my pg, I went to see Dr. Toth (unexplained infertility and bacterial infection guru). He does treatment that no other doctor does - somewhat controversial to other drs. I did uterine lavages. My legs in stirrups for 1 hour for 5 days in a row with antibiotics pumped into my uterus. I also wore an IV pump for 10 days and had antibiotics going through my veins 24/7. I did another round of IV (ampicillin) when I got my positive beta.

It's amazing what we will put our bodies through to have babies. In the end, none of the pain or money spent even matters.

Good Luck.

Old 08-29-05, 01:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Yes I went to Clear Passages. It was heaven! Although it didn't do me any good b/c of the TB in the tubes that we didn't know about then...they were great though and it was a wonderful experience

I have heard of Dr Toth and know another gal who went through his program. She has had 7 or more IVF's and everything else one could do, with no good results. Her marriage ended over the stress of the infertility too....My dh and I have decided that we would give this three rounds and if it doesn't work, then we will move on. That is the deal we made with each other...who knows how I will feel after three attempts if it doesn't work-I may want to alter our deal!

I'm so happy that all of your efforts were worth it! It sounds like you have a couple of perfect bundles

Old 08-29-05, 01:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Bonnie. Dh and I decided on two rounds but secretly I decided to keep trying until all our embies where gone. Which turned out to be two rounds! I have 11 to start with, they put in two, BFN then put in 3 for a FET and viola, one stuck. BUT they used all NINE of my frozen embies just to get the three. I was really disappointed but it turned out fantastic in the end. I'd still like to have another after this one but looks like we'll do adoption. We're BROKE! Good luck!!! Leslie

Old 08-29-05, 03:59 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Ya, it gets expensive financially as well as emotionally! I feel a bit frustrated knowing that there really isn't anything else I can do to make this work...I'm trying to think more like a fatalist-"if it is meant to be it will be"-it is difficult if not impossible to do!!!!

Old 08-29-05, 04:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I tried that for awhile too but decided on a more posititve approach. It turned from "meant to be" to "when we have the baby". I'm also excited about adoption options. My dh was always against but I think he changed his mind when he realized we really are only going to have one baby. That's it!! The mind is a powerful thing Bonnie. Leslie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools