Baby Corner

Old 08-29-05, 04:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

You are right! I have had a positive outlook all along, but as it gets closer, I feel myself going into protection mode...so I'm not setting myself up for a big disapointment...you know as well as I do how much this infertility stuff can wear on you...I go back and forth between thinking "of course it will happen" to "why would it ever happen-it hasn't so far?" Does the anxiety lesson once you're pregnant???

Old 08-29-05, 05:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I don't have much anxiety now. A friend told me that I am an awesome woman and the perfect vessel to grow this baby in and that this baby is the luckiest baby ever to get to grow itself inside of me. I know it sounds kind of hokey but that's what I tried to think up at transfer time. That and I kept telling that embie to stick in there this time. And it worked!! Look, it's either going to work or not but you're doing all you can and that's what's going to count in the end. Your chances sound great though, especially since you're going to blast. You'll do great!! Chin up

Leslie PS I might not have as much anxiety but boy oh boy do those u/s pictures keep me a smiling!!

Old 08-29-05, 05:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Unfortunately the anxiety hasn't lessened for me

I was actually just thinking the other day that I'm not going to enjoy being pg because I am so terrified all the time that something might happen to these babies....it's not healthy to think like that, but after so much, I can't help it. My dh was adamant against adoption too, but about halfway through our second cycle we started to seriously talk about it (since this was our last try at ivf). He was on board for adoption and we even sent away for information...and now look at me

My dh informed me yesterday that if we had 2 girls, we were trying again ( LOL )! That's what he thinks.

Old 08-29-05, 06:00 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I think you're having two boys. Missy, look at all you've been through. These babies are YOURS!! You just knock off those bad thoughts or I'll come out to Maine and make you a cake. Take a deep breath and smile. YOU ARE PG!!!! Leslie

Old 08-29-05, 07:42 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Leslie and Missy, You girls make me laugh so hard I cry! I'm picturing you with two sets of twins Missy and it is a nice picture-Ha! Thanks for all of your support...I know I can think good, happy thoughts!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools