Baby Corner

Old 09-27-05, 05:07 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Leslie, wishing you lots of luck. I couldn't wait for bedrest. I wanted permission to stop working and be a couch potato.

Old 09-27-05, 09:34 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Wow! All I can say is that you guys are incredible - you have practically made me cry and have given me hope again. All of your offers to help with drugs - how can I thank you????

I checked out the Cooper Center - what a great website and it looks like a great place too! However did you hear of them Glinda? Everything is there in clear black and white, unlike Boston IVF's site, which is frustrating in it's lack of info. I'm very excited about it and think we might somehow be able to afford treatment there, depending on what's involved. Plus, it's only two hours from my mom's house - I could go camp out there for two weeks and she would be so thrilled. It seems like we're not at the end of the road!!!! OK OK, I have to calm down. :-)

I haven't heard from Dr. Alper yet, so I don't know for certain whether I'm out of the trial. But I did speak to my local RE, and she said I could either monitor the cyst for a while or have it removed with a laproscopy. I'm leaning towards the lap, even if I'm out of the trial - I'd really like that thing OUT and would like to know better what's going on in there. And it would be covered by my insurance. Unfortunately I forgot to ask her if she could yank a couple of follies while she was in there!

I'll keep you all posted and thanks again for the encouragement and info!
jjello

Old 09-27-05, 12:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I actually found out about Cooper from someone on the DI board. She mentioned it in passing. After I had 2 disastrous cycles at a chic Manhattan clinic, I set up a consult and went down there. What brought me to Cooper is that they don't care about their stats. They deal with older women, women with high fsh, poor responders etc. The head of the clinic is very into research. They'll work with you and try different protocols.

I do have to tell you that Cooper is not like a chic Manhattan clinic. Where I went, there were croissants, juice etc. to greet you in the morning in the nice lounge. Cooper is very bare bones. I guess that's how they keep their costs down. Some of their office staff you are better off not speaking to. However, they get the job done. You just have to focus on that. Go to

If you go to the New Jersey board, you can meet other women that are cycling there.

And for this little bit of encouragement, will you share your name with us? I refuse to believe your name is jello, maybe pudding, but certainly not jello

P.S. get someone to rip that cyst out of you!

Old 09-27-05, 01:43 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I agree! Get that cyst out!! L

Old 09-28-05, 08:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Sorry for being so late sweet jjello.

I hope you find the window, when the door is closed, that's what we have to search for. I will be praying for things to work out for you, you seem determined, that determination is going to help you get your babies.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools