Baby Corner

Old 04-21-08, 09:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi
I also got pregnant doing IVF.....my twins turned 2 last February

I was 36 when I got pregnant and 37 when I delivered. I did 2 IVF cycles. I got pregnant with both, but my 1st I miscarried early on. I also didn't produce many eggs so I didn't have any left over to freeze. However, it is the quality not quantity. I only had 3 eggs that fertilized my 2nd cycle. They put all 3 back in me and 2 of them implanted. I did not find the process to be painful in any way, but it is an emotional rollercoaster. I will say though, that it is well worth it and I would do it again in a heart beat. Good luck to you.

Also, my clinic makes you wait a full cycle before trying again. Missy

Old 04-21-08, 10:31 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I got pg with twins also by IVF, they will be two in 2 weeks. I only ended up doing one cycle and consider myself very lucky to have gotten pg on our first try. The ladies are right that it is quality not quantity, that being said I ended up with 25 eggs at the time of my retrieval, 17 of those fertilized and 9 made it to transfer. My doctor took the best two and they are the ones that implanted. After all of that, I became very sick with Ovarian Hyperstimulation Sydrome due to the amount that was retrieved. The whole process can be exhausting (both physically and emotionally) but the goal of getting pg overrides anything you are feeling. My DH was wonderful and gave me all my shots (or my stepmother when he was working). I also took time off of work so I could just concentrate on what I was doing (my boss was extremely supportive).
Tracey gave some excellent advice.

Best of luck!

Old 04-28-08, 10:37 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I did injectibles with my last iui. We had to do one natural cycle in between.
I was excited at first, hoping this would be the thing but, as the doctor warned me, the shots were very "tedious".

My stomach was covered in bruises! and my DH is a nurse so he gave me all the shots. I found the progesterone suppositories the biggest pain since every morning you have to stay in bed for a while or they all leak out.

Overall though I found myself less emotional and "crazy" with the shots than when I was on clomid. I had way fewer hot flashes and side effects with the injections.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools