Baby Corner

Old 03-20-07, 05:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Change of Plan...

well, the 4th try didn't work out. so im going over everything i could possibly be doing wrong. i'm supposed to be in top notch shape here! well we've been considering changing donors, so i got out all the paperwork that i haven't looked at since november (donor info and whatnot). and im looking at our current donor. something is bothering me. his age isn't listed, but his parents are both 80! whoah! so is this guy 50? im thinking maybe that could be why we're not getting pg (but they check for motility and count and they've been fine) but my guts tell me its time for a change. so i'm changing donors and i'm taking a month or two off from this business if IUI #5 tanks. i cannot let myself go psychotic over this-its so stressful! you worry about EVERYTHING!

Old 03-25-07, 12:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm sorry IUI #4 didn't take. I think switching donors is a good idea. I know on the other board I go to many women have switched donors and gotten their BFP that way. I don't know if it's coincidence or what but it seems to work quite often. BTW, just be warned about something here....I thought life would be great when I got my BFP but it just brought about a whole new bunch of worries and stresses. My bf has a 19 year old son who is still making him worry. I don't think it ever ends

Old 03-26-07, 03:36 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm sorry that it didn't work. I think a fresh start with a new donor is great! Good luck to you!

Old 03-30-07, 04:09 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Well we did it, we changed donors. I don't normally get like this, but I have a very strong feeling that this is the right thing to do. And if it doesn't work, we'll take time off and then try again with this new donor. But if I really sit and think about it...its kinda weird to switch donors....we don't switch husbands when things don't work...well no need to think of that! I'll be going in for my IUI in a couple of days here

Old 04-01-07, 01:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Good luck!!!! Just curious here, I hope you don't mind me asking and you may very well have posted it somewhere else on the board, but I am guessing you are doing Dr assisted IUIs? Has your dr done all the tests on you to make sure your hormone levels are in the normal range and has he done a HSG to make sure your tubes and uterus are normal? Are you on any kind of fertility meds like Clomid to give the swimmers an extra target or 2? If you don't want to answer that and prefer to keep any of that info private please don't worry, I won't be at all offended. Again, best of luck with this cycle

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools