Baby Corner

Old 07-31-05, 11:02 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default consult after eval month

Hey everyone, I had my consultation Friday after my month of evaluation. Lets just say I never leave that office without crying. First the doc said we have a few issues. All my tests came back fine, but my hubby I guess only has 1% normal sperm, leaving 99% abnormal. Which I guess is why they do the ICSI. He has about 32 million sperm, so one percent really leaves us a good amout of sperm to work with. Then he looked at me and told me my weight could be an issue. I guess people at normal weight have a 45% chance of this working, but at my weight we have a 25% chance of it working. He said its our decision to start a cycle this month, or we can wait a few months, try to lose 10 or 15 pounds, then try. I am so at a loss, I have been waiting for August to come for so ling, and I hate to not try this month. MY hubby says we should wait a few months, we are buying our first home and passing papers this Wednesday. He thinks thats enough stress for me why throw my body out of whack bu adding IVF into it. My responce is your under stress no matter whne you do it, so why not try this month and see what happens. What should I do? Do you all think I should try and see or take a few months off, which to all us seems like a lifetime away, and lose weight? Help, I am gonna lose my mind. Please give me some feed back
Diane

Old 07-31-05, 12:42 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

We all know how hard those visits are. I think you need to decide when the time is right for you. My situation is almost the same. My husband has 1% normal sperm and ICSI is what we are doing too. I am going to start my third cycle this Winter. My only advice to you would be look at the odds and decide what timing is best for you. I think a 20% increase in success may be worth waiting a couple months. I will tell you that the meds make a lot of us gain weight. I added on about twenty pounds with the two cycles but some of that was stress eating ( I love ice cream) I am trying to lose the weight at my Doctors advice now before starting the next cycle. It does seem like a life time when you are waiting but the time goes fast. You will know what is best for you, and know that we are all here to support you.

I am wishing you a lot of success when ever you decide to get started.

Hugs,

Alicia

Old 07-31-05, 04:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Thumbs up

Diane, I am sorry about your counsult.
You have a lot to decide, I am sure you will make the right decision. I am almost in the same situation. We just closed on our 1st home on the 15th, and I start cycling 19 Aug, so almost a month, getting the house taken care of is really making time fly by, I almost forgot about cycling( yah right), and now look it so close. It is stressful either way, but you will know what you will do regardless of what others say. You know your body.
I hope things work out for the best for you. Keep us posted, and know that we are here for you.
Trisha

Old 07-31-05, 09:06 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Default thanks

thanks alicia and tricia. I am trying to think long term whats best for me. Alicia, you said your husband has the same issue? We need to talk more in detail about it. Didi he have low motility too? thats what sent us to the clinice in forst place. so your last 2 cycles did not work? i am sorry. I have to wait and make sure my insurance gets all my info beofre my next cycle, about 12 days, if not I have ot wait another month anyways. So i think i may just plan on doing this cycle if insurance allows it, if not everything happens for a reason. I am starting fresh Monday morning on a 1600 calorie diet and exercising 4 days a week. Every time i want to put a yummy piece of food in my mouth i will think euther this or a baby. My oldest niece turned 9 today so we had her party, I decided to eat like a pig and even had a few cocktails! My last hoorah! So I guess I will play it by day and see what happens. I will keep in touch though and hope you all do too
DIane

Old 08-01-05, 12:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My advice Diane is wait until you lose the weight to better your odds. Invitro is expensive but it sounds like you have insurance. The thing that would make me wait is all the meds. If you have a less chance to do all those meds....UGH!! Plus you know you'd be healthier and have an easier pregnancy if you lost the weight your Dr. recommended. I started out at fighting weight and am now 11 weeks along and have gained about 12 pounds! I'm sure it's the meds but that's too much in the beginning (so the skinny nurse tells me!!) If you're young enough tough it out another couple months so your odds are better. You just can't believe what a bummer it is to get that BFN! wondering if there was something else you could of done. Anyway, good luck whatever you decide. Leslie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools