Baby Corner

Old 05-01-05, 03:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default cost is part of the stress!

My clinic (the bay area) is quoting around 16K. My insurance paid for all of the pre-test and tubal removal before the proceedure. My clinic mentioned getting meds (which are the most expensive part) from Europe and saving about 5K??? Anyone ever of this?? Also a friend in Seattle told me she bought "left over" meds from a woman who did not need them anymore at about 50% off. I'm really interested in buying the meds from out of the country-anyone know if it is safe and legal???

Bonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah2016
Is anyone else stressing about the cost of IVF?

Old 05-03-05, 02:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Smile

Wow, that is wild! I had no idea that it could cost so much. Regardless of where you are and how much you pay, it is well worth it! Good luck to you. Where are you in the process now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkeim
Holy cow! I need to move to the East Coast! You guys are lucky. I added everything up last night and it came to 29K!!

Old 05-03-05, 10:02 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Bonnie, I'm in Sacto. We're practically neighbors!! Email me when you get a chance at

. I might have an idea/solution for you on your meds!!! What clinic are you cycling with? I am local with a great clinic, but considered Zouves for about 2 seconds after my 3rd IVF cycle. I do love my clinic, but was going to get a 2nd opinion. Now that we have adopted our little girl and plan on adopting another in 2006, I have pretty much decided to not do any more fresh cycles. We also have 13 frozen embies to work with and maybe something will come of that.

The costs of IVF are absurd and it still amazes me that even though infertility is considered a disease, insurance companies do not pay for the treatment.

We have done 5 IUI's, 3 rounds of IVF, and 2 FET's (well, I'm in the midst of FET #2 now) with about 70% insurance coverage. Every little bit helps, but we have still spent $30 or $40K if not more. DP and I have lost count and I actually don't even want to know how much has come out of our own pocket.

Old 05-05-05, 01:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi everyone I am new to this website. I had invitro yesterday. Just heard from the lab today on how the eggs are doing . Speaking of costs. I donated my eggs to help pay for the proceedure hoping that what goes around comes around and something good may happen to us. on March 11 th the recipient recieved 17 eggs.Then gave half of my eggs away yesterday!! I had a total of 18 eggs so the other woman of course got 9. I go in saturday for the transfer. I read that some of your doctors have you leave the hospital 30 minutes after the transfer. I have to stay 3 hours and bedrest 3 days, They want to make sure your investment(time and money) has a better chance of working. I wish you all good luck and I am sure good will come to all of you

Old 05-06-05, 01:43 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

My Dr. told me to fly home right after transfer (Minnesota to Alaska). I regret that and when I go back in June for FET I will be laying in the hotel for three days with pillows under my legs! I was at the clinic about 20 minutes. Good Luck!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools