Baby Corner

Old 11-07-05, 03:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Cycle Buddy anyone?

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to have been AWOL for the past few weeks - I was out of town for a while with no internet access, then had a crazy week or so of work. One day I counted I worked 10.75 hours! It has been too much for me to keep up with posts but now things are getting back to normal.

Normal that is, except for ONE THING - I gave myself my first injection (lupron) this past Saturday! Even though it was physically very easy, it was one of the most difficult things I've ever done. I sat there panting and could barely make myself do it, and afterwards I cried on dh's shoulder like a baby. It was more emotional than fear of the needle, mainly because it so clearly marked the beginning of IVF for me, which I've been so afraid and ambivalent about doing for so long, and totally reluctant to dose myself up with hormones. Even now I tell myself I'll just take the meds today, and if tomorrow I want to stop I will. It's the only way I can get myself through it. But anyway, so far so good. I feel good and now that I'm taking the birth control pills in the PM I'm no longer nauseous - plus I'm almost done with them! :-) If I understand the timing of everything correctly, It sounds like I'll be going in for the retrieval sometime after Thanksgiving.....?

I hope everyone's doing OK - Trisha, Missy, Leslie, Rhonda, Stacy, Glinda, Allison, Celia, Diane - hope I haven't forgotten anyone! I've been trying to get up to date on posts and look forward to hearing from you all.

Best wishes,
Julie

Old 11-07-05, 05:32 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Oh Julie-
Congrats on starting your cycle, how exciting!!!! I know the first one is hard but it will be a breeze from here. Yep sounds like the timing is right for a retrieval sometime after Turkey Day. I am happy for your and wishing you healthy follies!! Good luck we will be here for you, we have all been thru it, some more than others and understand completely what you are going thru. Take care of yourself, enjoy the Holiday and let us know how it goes. I will be thinking of you. I am great thanks for asking, I am almost 13 weeks! can you believe it, seems like just yesterday. I had an u/s on Thursday and actually got to see the baby for the first time instead of a little peanut, hehehe. Anyway it was great! I cry ALOT but other than that, eating alot and finally getting some energy back. Everything about this whole process is sooo emotional, but you are strong just like the rest of the women that have to go thru this and dh's too. But we will be here if you need to talk.
Good luck with it all...and Congrats!!!
Allison

Old 11-07-05, 08:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Julie...congrats on getting started and for giving yourself your first injection

It is a hard thing to have to go thru, but trust me in saying, it is totally worth it! The twins are doing well. I am now 21 weeks and my belly is growing fast. While you were away I learned that I was having one of each...yeah!!! Once you get past the birth control and get to the stims, the time goes by fast. It's fun going in to see how many follies you have brewing and their sizes. Good luck with the process. Keep us posted on what's going on with you. Take care Missy

Old 11-07-05, 08:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Good work Julie-the beginning is the toughest. It is so nice that your DH is supportive and gives you a strong shoulder to cry on. This stuff is emotional...I'll be cycling with you although I'm doing a FET. I take three pills a day for awhile and then start shots again. My p. is due any day and the transfer is scheduled for the 25th. So we can keep each other company during the dreaded 2 week wait!!! By then you'll be a pro with the meds

Old 11-07-05, 10:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hey Julie, I wondered what was going on. It will be great to have you and Bonnie all knocked up by Xmas!! I'm 25 weeks now and in the hospital for the duration on bedrest.

Oh well. I'm hanging in there. It totally sucks but like you, I'm doing what I have to. The shots will get easier, especially when you're done with the Lupron, it's only for a little while. The end result is what we're going for, don't forget that. Good advice for myself too. Thanks for giving me another date to look forward too! Good luck and try and stay happy and positive. Leslie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools