Baby Corner

Old 05-25-05, 10:52 PM
In Mommy Heaven

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Cycle Cancelled

My endometrium is still at 11 (I started bleeding fairly heavily today) and I had no repsonse to the meds. The RE gave me three choices:

- Double the Bravelle to 8 amps a day - she said she rarely has success with this
- Go on BCP's for a month starting after the bleeding finally stops and then start on 8 amps of Bravelle per day
- Take six months off to crash diet and see if my weight is an issue - come back at 8 amps per day after dieting

I scratched the first choice, but I am torn between the other two choices. I am the same weight (actually almost 20 pounds lighter) than when I concieved my son. I really feel that this cyst has messed things up royally, and if I could just get myself to have a normal ovulatory cycle things would be better. Now I'm wondering if I miscalculated AF and today is really CD1? So maybe the BCP's would help get things back to normal?

And I've actually avoided dieting because I thought that your weight was supposed to be stable before TTC'ing? I'm afraid that if I wait six months, then I could just end up six months older and still in the same boat. What diet could help me lose 100 pounds in six months? I would need hypnosis or something to help - I am not a very good dieter.

She said that all of my b/w has come back perfect - I had blood drawn today to see what my E2 level is. My weight is the only factor that she thinks could be affecting me, although my testosterone and thyroid levels were all perfect. But frankly I don't think she knows - she is just guessing.

I will be 39 on Friday. I feel so old and fat, and like I have failed my son whom I love more than anything.

Old 05-25-05, 11:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Old 05-26-05, 08:56 AM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 201.43%

I'm so sorry

. Cancelled cycles are crushing.
Your fertility levels are good, but have they checked your fasting insulin levels? Mine was just slightly off, and when my RE put me on Metformin to correct it we saw a big difference in my response to the meds.
Good luck, sweetie.

Old 05-26-05, 01:05 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I tend to agree with you that the weight is an issue but not an insurpassable one since I also concieved while overweight...and it you did too previously than it CAN be done!

I say sit out a cycle and get your cycle back to normal...get rid of the cyst (use BCP's if needed) and increase the meds!

Old 05-26-05, 11:53 PM
In Mommy Heaven

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

OK, I spoke to the RE again today. Monique, thank you thank you - I had totally forgotten about the Metformin. I was on that last time and this RE would not put me on it because I do not have any PCOS symptoms.

I'll still do the HSG tomorrow, and then do a fasting insulin test next week (I am on vacation). Once AF part 2 stops, I will start BCP's for one cycle (21 days) and hopefully Metformin as well. I am going to insist on it regardless of how the fasting insulin comes out. Then, if I get a full AF on schedule I will start on the 8 amps of Bravelle.

In the meantime, I also promised to crash diet as soon as my guests leave. Basically, just lean meat, some veggies, string cheese, non-fat milk and yogurt, and water. No fruit, no bread, no pasta, no fats, no taste. I have to drop at least 25 pounds in 3-4 weeks.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools