Baby Corner

Old 10-20-04, 06:15 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Cycle/IUI update...

First let me say that it was really tough not having the boards the last few days!!! I missed you all. Guess I really am hooked.

Okay so I decided to go in on cd13 for monitoring since I wanted to trigger. Well I went in there yesterday and I had a 24 follie on the right and a 17.5 follie on the left, and my lining was 11.2. Here are my questions for the experts:

1--My lining was an I-M formation. So almost the perfect M triple layer but not quite. Is that really bad? I really need to go back to accupuncture. I guess it's thick etiher way esp for being on 100mg of Clomid.

2--I only had that one big follie...I guess technically 2 becaus of the 18 but that one is small for "me"...she saw some fluid up by my ovary and said that it could be that I had another follie that had already ruptured. But then they got my bloodwork back and they said that I hadn't started surging yet but all my levels looked good. Is the fluid bad???

ANYWAY back to the story...
So the nurse called yesterday and said that the doc wanted me to trigger last night and do a single IUI on Thurs am. I am like that is too late, and I want to do 2. I'm like I'ev done this long enough to know my cycles...and 36 hours post hCG on cd15 is just too late for me. So I talked to another nurse and decided to 2...one 12 and one 36 hours post surge.

So I triggered last night at 12:30 midnight and went in today for an IUI at 12:30 pm (it's cd14). As soon as she put the speculum in she said "OMG WOW you have a TON of CM"...I'm like okay what does that mean...that I am about to or that I already o'ed. She said it was hard to say but that it was watery but abundant. The cathetar went right in and it was a breeze. The specimen wasn't great...only 18.5 million living but I guess that's close enough. Anyway I switched my IUI tomorrow to 10am versus 12:30. I figured if I already o'ed or will o tonight, the earlier the better tomorrow.

Either way I am glad I pushed the issue. I hope this is the one. I really really do. I just need to find a place on the Web that talks about lining patterns!!! Or ask my expert friends here.

Sorry for the vent...that's what happens when I'm away for a while.

Wish me luck PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I already said I wanted the first Nov BFP...but looks like i hae cycle buddies so I'll say I want "one of the first" BFPs cuz I hope there are lots of them.

Old 10-20-04, 07:17 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I think your 24mm is getting "really" mature and your 18mm is a better bet...they will both have grown more slightly after the trigger and optimally you want them to be between 18-22mm for best fertilization results!

Your lining sounds great! Not too thick at all!

I would agree you should trigger last night with an IUI today! Sounds perfect...the double will hopefully cover your bases I guess!

Your sample numbers sound excellent also! We got pg with triplets from an 11 mil sample and a singleton from a 27mil sample so you never know!

Old 10-20-04, 07:42 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I don't have any input on your lining but just wanted to wish you luck.

Old 10-20-04, 08:13 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

WOW!!! Your timing seems perfect to me. I got pg on a 24mm and I think it's possible that both eggs are mature and good, which gives you a doubly good chance this time!!

I agree that moving the 2nd IUI up to 10:30am tomorrow is wise. I think it's clear that you will O today or late tonight and the timing will be absolutely PERFECT!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 10-20-04, 08:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks. I keep surfing and surfing and can't find anything about the ideal size of follicles. Some say that 24 is perf and some say it's too bit. Some say 18 is too small and some say it's too perfect.

And I can't find anything about lining patterns. Oh well. what's done is done.

If I had a LOT of watery CM...like OMG lot...do you think that means I just ovulated or that I'm about to?

Either way, I hope it works. I'm so ready to be pg again...you know how it is.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools