Baby Corner

Old 12-02-04, 10:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default December Miracles

Hi Girls,

Here's our thread to obsess and chat over the next 2 weeks wait (or less for some)!

Well the 2 lone rangers made it

Thawed successfully and they didn't even drop a cell. (Glinda thoughts please, i didn't know they could?). They did assisted hatching on them too. They defrosted the day 3 embie yesterday and the day 4 embie this morning, I am just so thrilled they both made it, and neither really have any fragmentation. I really need to manage my own expectations here, i get so excited by these hurdles passed. You think by now i could restrain myself, but i just get so caught up in the excitement of hope!!

Glinda, GOOD LUCK!!!!! Over to you, how did your transfer go?

Babydoll what's happening with you? Its not beta day today is it?????? Let us know how you are doing and anyone else that had/is having something done in the next fortnight.

Gotta fly it's "LIGHTS ON" in our street tonight. We all wheel our bbq's out into the street (remember its summer here) and flick our christmas lights on at the same time for the 1st time, i have stuff to do.
seeya
Talk soon.

Old 12-02-04, 10:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

First of all...Monique, good luck tomorrow. I'd be proud to dub you the first December Miracle. I know you deserve it.

Maddy, I'm looking forward to you describing every twitch and twinge during the next 2 weeks. Girl, there is no one who can obsess like you can

JB, yes, unfortunately embryos can lose cells. It doesn't mean all is lost though. I already know that one of mine lost a cell. The embryo can continue dividing. However, given the option, I would choose to transfer another one. Fortunately, I do have that option. I had embryos frozen at 2PN (right after fertilization) and at 3 days. According to my clinic, the embryos frozen at 2PN thrive the best when thawed. Of course, we don't always have that option. Sometimes we have to watch them grow to day 3 or day 5 so we can have the best selection for our fresh transfers. I was also told that one embryo that thawed yesterday was at 2 cells and it had a multinuclear formation. Not a good thing. They said they usually throw those out. It just divided improperly (there go those visions of my 3 headed baby). I asked if it was separated from the others and was told that it was. Then the embryologist asked me what I wanted to do with it. After explaining the whole thing to me, I can't believe she really asked me what I wanted to do with it. Ummmm, let's refreeze all the others and just transfer this one

. In my best Glinda sarcastic fashion, I told her to let it continue to grow. I said it could be my science project. She said okay. This is why I get nervous

. How could anyone take me seriously? I'll let you know what happens with my mutant. Ever so curious now.

Fortunately, they had my instructions written down. She knew I was doing assisted hatching and using embryo glue. Do you think they can just give me the entire bottle so I can give a daily squirt for the next 2 weeks? (Okay, Maddy didn't mean to upset you. I see her now multiplying $300 x 14 days.)

Glad to hear you didn't have fragmentation. I always have fragmentation. It doesn't matter because once you get pg, even if there was fragmentation, you are on an even playing field with those perfect embryos.

Stop flying around...let your husband wheel out the bbq. And don't be climbing the side of your house to hang up Christmas lights. Your street sounds like a fun place to live.

Old 12-03-04, 06:01 AM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 201.43%

Thanks JB and Glinda for thinking of me. I'm a nervous wreck, expecting the worst and hoping for a miracle.

Thanks for starting this thread JB. Your street party sounds like a great tradition and lots of fun!

Old 12-03-04, 02:26 PM
Miracles Happen

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hope you get great news today babydoll.
As for JB and Glinda I will be thinking positvie thougths for you this next 14 days.

Hopeing for lots of

this month!

Old 12-04-04, 06:31 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Well too early too obsess yet! Actually fragmented embies don't bother me. Analeise was fragmented so I dont think you can read too much into them.

Street lights are a huge success! The street was like a carnival last night, each year it gets bigger and bigger. We went for a walk around our area tonight for about an hr and i only saw 2 houses with christmas lights, now i know why our street is so busy, it looks fantastic!

When's everyone's beta? Mine says Dec 16th which i know is longer than it should be. But i actually have that day off work as i am taking Analeise to see the wiggles in concert so i would prefer to get results on a day off work, especially negative ones.

I'm kinda afraid i already have my expectations high this time. How are you guys feeling, positive or so so again?
Have a good w/e.
seeya
JB
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools