Baby Corner

Old 12-10-04, 06:13 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks Christina. I wish proving your theory was that easy.

Here's my latest ridiculous story of the 2ww....Before I went up to my office, I stopped at the coffee shop across the street to get coffee and a bagel. As I started sipping my coffee, I thought it tasted a bit odd but then I thought maybe it was because I ordered decaf and I'm used to caffeine. After a few more sips, my lips start to swell, my throat starts to close, my ears get clogged and my stomach starts doing somersaults. I run back down to the coffee shop to the woman who gave me the coffee and I say "smell this". She just looks at me and I repeat myself. She sniffs and says "hazelnut". I said I ordered decaf, I'm allergic to nuts. I can eat walnuts, almonds and peanuts. Any other nut makes me violently ill. I happen to know that I'm one of the lucky ones as there are so many people whose reaction to nuts is fatal. Dishes containing nuts are now highlighted on restaurant menus. Fortunately, it was coffee that contained the nuts so it was diluted. Unfortunately, I'm so sensitive to it that I had an immediate reaction. I can't even tell you what a nut tastes like. I have no idea. My body just reacts to it. I was very upset because as anyone with a food allergy knows, you take extra precautions, read ingredients and always ask questions if you are unsure of something in the food. I had the manager of the coffee shop go next store to the pharmacy and buy me Benedryl because I was having a mild reaction in comparison to a reaction I would have from actually eating a solid nut (which could land me in the emergency room). I went back to work and my eyes turned red and started to droop. I was so drowsy from the Benedryl. The manager of the coffee shop offered me free breakfast for the next day. I think I'm scratching this place off my list.

Old 12-10-04, 09:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Feeling doom and gloom. I lay in bed this morning - will i or won't i....... I did. At 8dp4dt i got a negative from Discovery Onestep. At 12 days it would show something right? This HPT says you can test up to 4 days earlier as its ultra sensitive and would pick up low HCG. I figure Jamies beta around this day was probably around 40 so it should pick up something like that and it didn't. I keep looking at the test imagining i can see a background line where the line should be, but i think i am imagining things cause to look its definitely negative. Feeling bad as we have no plans to go again, this is it. I can't wait till beta on Thursday - whats the point continuing with gel and pessaries and progyvnova, who can be bothered really?

Glinda, sorry to hear about your nut allergy and the stupid coffee shop lady. Sorry not feeling really supportive right now.
JB

Old 12-11-04, 02:05 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I bought a box of First Response Early Detection (FRED). I keep moving the box to different locations. I can't do it yet because I need to live in my fantasy world for a few more days. Women over here swear by these things. It says results 5 days sooner. The fine print at the bottom of the box says "In clinical testing, FIRST RESPONSE detected hormone levels of 69% of women 4 days before their expected period, in 83% of women 3 days before their expected period, in 93% of women 2 days before their expected period and in 93% of women 1 day before their expected period." JB, that means some women still don't test positive 1 day before their period. FETs typically start off with low beta numbers. Maybe the reason Jaime was able to detect something was because she had twins brewing inside. I've done hpts where I haven't gotten a positive until 14 days past IUI. If my initial beta was in the 80s, you would think that some type of line would have shown up but it didn't. If you stop the cocktail now, you will kick yourself if a line shows up later. I don't recommend that you stop the meds.

Please try to hang on. I know, easier said than done. This is why I call them evil pee sticks.

Faith
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools