Baby Corner

Old 12-18-04, 06:12 AM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default dh vent

Yesterday was IUI number four. I have been so pleased with having four eggs and having the IUI happen on a day that DH isn't working. I THOUGHT that would make it better since he'd have less stress trying to break free from work to join me. GUESS AGAIN! He was such an ass yesterday. Eventually, several hours later, he explains that he hates having to use donor sperm and he's not going to get all excited like I do after the procedure. Then he says...it doesn't work anyway and we're just doing this to use up the insurance. OK...I have thought that too but geez- let's try to have a little bit of positivity since yet again...it MIGHT just work.

So, I finally realize and explain that I just need to feel that he actually appreciates all I have to go through to try to make this happen. I mean the drug induced mood swings are bad enough but add the extreme tiredness and the fact that I have to go through the IUI each time...which I hate since it always hurts. He didn't even try to comfort me when I was obviously cringing on the table and didn't ask me later on if I was okay.

AARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Anyway, the 2ww is on. I can test on New Year's Eve and if we succeed...the EDD will be my anniversary!

Old 12-18-04, 08:30 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm sorry DH was being a butt head. I think they get just as frustrated as we do at times and they don't really have anyone to talk to about it like we do. We can all turn to the boards and talk to others going through it but so far I haven't seen anyplace for men to talk about it and vent their frustrations. I don't know how many men would use it but it would be nice if there was a group that the men could join and talk to other men who have gone through all of this with their wives.
Good luck with this cycle, I hope you get your BFP on New Years Eve.

Old 12-18-04, 08:56 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I"m so sorry. It's just his defense mechanism. I think it's so hard for husbands because they see how much their wives are hurting and they feel very guilty. The whole situation sucks. But he doesn't have to be an ass. Try not to mention the "donor" and he might feel better. IT's a hard road but when you get your BFP he will be very excited and once that baby is in your arms, it will all be worth it. Hang in there....

There are a ton of BFPs coming down the pike...I know we'll be on that list. Hugs!!

Old 12-18-04, 09:36 AM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

Old 12-18-04, 11:15 AM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

So sorry to hear dh is being negative about DI...

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools