Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Dilemma (child & previous PG mentioned)

Dilemma (child & previous PG mentioned)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 05-15-05, 05:30 PM
Julia's mommy

Thanked 6 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Robin,

I just want to tell you that I have a very good friend that is 5'2" and weighs 350+ pounds. She conceived and carried twin boys to full term very easily the first time she was trying to get pregnant. The second time she was only "kind of" trying to get pregant she conceived and carried to full term another boy the first month trying.

I will also ad that I am 5'5" and weigh 125 pounds soaking wet. Not only did I go through 8 cycles of DIUI but also 3 invitro cycles and was unable to conceive.

Therefore, in my opinion, weight is not a factor for everyone. If you are ready and want to try now, go for it! I hope and pray you will be pleasantly surprised!

Best of luck to you!

Dee

Old 05-15-05, 07:09 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Robin!!! I'm so excited to hear that you and Jay are thinking about TTC #2. I was probably 50 pounds overweight when I got pregnant with my Connor. Unfortunately I didn't lose what I should have after having him, so I'm more than 50 pounds overweight now. I say do both - try to lose weight and TTC at the same time. :-) We could be diet together and keep each other motivated.

Patti B.

Old 05-16-05, 05:05 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks everyone! You guys really gave some great advice. It's always nice to hear from other people who are in the same situation you're in. I just turned 31 so I'm not too pressed for time, but I'm definitely not getting any younger either. Connor will be 3 in July and I would like them to be fairly close in age. Unfortunately, my main concern is $$. We will try a limited amount of times, so I want to make sure I do everything I can to optimize our efforts. I know I won't be thin by any means, but I know from my previous pregnancy that I can get pregnant fairly easy even being overweight. I think I am going to give myself 6 months, so that would be November, to get "healthier," and then start DI at that time. If I can even get back to the weight I was when I got PG with Connor I'd be happy. Anyways, thanks for listening and understanding, and I hope to be back in a few months with you all (but I hope you've moved on by then

).

Old 05-17-05, 08:29 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I would add what basically everyone else has already said -- It's always more healthy to lose weight before TTC due to possible Gestational Diabetes and High Blood pressure issues during pg, and you *might* get pg more quickly with less weight, but I am over 100 pounds overweight and have 8 living children. I have been overweight for about 5 of my 10 pregnancies. It's totally possible to be fertile while being overweight - everyone is different. Good luck!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools